Original topic:

heat pump dryer- DV90M6200- does not dry

(Topic created on: 3/23/21 6:55 AM)
userDfMcPg3Is4
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

The dryer was bought in 2018 (i.e. almost new).  After checking all suggestions in troubleshooting, called the authorised servicer in Greece  and they said that this was a matter of lint stuck in the heat exchanger that could be repaired by cleaning it at their site for a cost of 100 euro approx. This seemed strange to me as: a) there was no digital graphic in the display showing the need to filter/heat exchanger cleaning and b)provided that I clean the heat exchanger with a vacuum cleaner at least monthly or as soon there is a red indication. I sent the dryer to service and they called me today to announce that despite cleaning the lint the dryer didn't work and the problem is attributed to the refrigerant circuit which should be replaced for a cost of 400 eur!  As you understand this situation/problem in the refrigerant circuit was not anticipated when I bought 2,5 years ago this expensive dryer with the advance technology of heat pump and the cost is outrageous. The heat pump is advertised as its premium advantage compared to the other dryers and was factored in the high price paid. Now I understand that probably there is a problem with the specific heat pump model.  I would like to have some explanations and solutions from Samsung as I understand  this is a problem of the model and not my machine . Could you please sent me an email in Samsung Europe customer service or reply since in Samsung electronics Hellas are not willing to help me given that the 2 year guarantee period has ended? Has anyone faced the same problem? Most probably next time for a dryer  should look to peer technology. Thank you

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thank you for this information. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userDfMcPg3Is4
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Is there a forum/community in Europe? I am looking to contact someone centrally outside the country. Thank you for your prompt reply

0 Likes