cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userV3wzMtNaoP
Constellation

mold in Samsung WA50F9A7D washing machine- gross brown residue

Our Samsung WA50F9A7D washing machine was purchased from Lowes 3 years ago.  We have noticed brown residue on our cloths after a wash (before drying).  After wiping down the machine & running the Pure Cycle multiple times, we can still see the sludge built up on the outer tub wall (blue part).  There does not appear to be a way to tell what else is in there without disassembling the whole unit.  But, clothes still keep coming out with the brown stuff on them.  It is disgusting.  We have followed the guidelines for keeping the washer clean, but this still happened.  It is unacceptable.  I would like Samsung to either permanently repair this issue or replace my machine.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: mold in Samsung WA50F9A7D washing machine- gross brown residue

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

NicoleBarney
Asteroid

We are having the exact same issue. We replaced the bottom piece to our machine and the flakes stopped for  a while, but they are back again. Unacceptable. We've had our machines almost three years is all.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hi, Could you send me a private message so that I can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userftjpDxa9dp
Constellation

I have the same issue with brown flakes.  I called Samsung customer support and was told to run the self clean cycle with bleach 2-7 times. Other than that I was told there is nothing that can be done.  I ran the cycle 7 times and there is still brown flakes. This is disgusting.  I have several Samsung products/appliances and I'm disappointed with the service.  I want this repaired. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconveniences caused. Please feel free to send us a private message so that we can look into this for you. LINK

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please get back to us as soon as you can. 

Highlighted
userv9U2TWgt5C
Constellation

Has anyone taken steps to file a class action suit on this issue with mold in the top load washer?  I have the same issue and Samsung has literally done nothing.   Had to replace the machine with a Maytag unit yesterday - samsung was only 2 1/2 years old and replace once due to the drum issue exploding.  This is unacceptable and Samsung needs to be responsible and remedy this issue for hundreds of people.