cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: please help! Flexwash troubleshooting code won’t go away and washer won’t work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung sent out a service technician to check out my problem with the 1 LC1 drainage error.  The tech said they have seen this problem quite a bit - and that the solution is to not start the top and bottom washers too close together.  He suggested spacing out the timing 5-10 minutes.  He said it is written in the owners manual to start them 5 minutes apart... but I couldn't find that anywhere.  He said if they are both draining at the same time, the water flow is too much for the drains to handle.

He said if you unplug the unit for a day or so, that will fix the problem.  He had also heard about the tipping forward trick and said that seems to work for people too.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: please help! Flexwash troubleshooting code won’t go away and washer won’t work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has a recall be issued? I have had a technician out for this problem, and the implemented resolution was to replace an electrical panel to slow the spin speed of the top bin after drying the contact points for the 1lc1 code. Since that point, I have had three instances of the code and water leakage, which resolve themselves after I drain the water and let it dry over several days or more. I'm now out of warranty after owning for 13 months and will likely be encouraged to seek another technician at my own cost.  Samsung, please help those who have supported your business. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same Error code here. Poorly designed unit and the large authorized retailer in my area stated that this is a known issue within Samsung. People need to be wary of these Flex Wash Double Washers. This should clearly be recalled so that people don't continue to have water in their homes. Already ruined my floors twice!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userAjbEvNa6GW: Could you send a private message with your model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem with my WV60M9900AV, barely a month old. Called support who walked me through troubleshooting steps, which didn't help. Booked me a technician visit for Monday, but I just fixed it by tilting the unit forward so the water drained out. Absolutely ludicrous for a high end machine.

I have a one week old baby in the house. I bought a top of the line $1500 unit so I wouldn't have to deal with nonsense like this. Hugely disappointed.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow, uservEMt9DPnwr, it's almost like I wrote this post. The exact same thing happened to me. I bought my washer Nov 28, 2018, delivered Dec 6. On Jan 5, I had the same thing happen to me (same model too WV60M9900AV). I also fixed it by disconnecting the power and tilting it forward. Mine is on the second story of my home, so I have a drain pan underneath it (as required by code).

They should add this to the User Manual Troubleshooting section: "Normal operation may require you to tilt the 400+ pound unit forward to reset this code." LOL!!! Smiley LOL

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is getting ridiculous. I have had this issue since I got the washer/dryer in MAY OF 2017! 

I had 5 techs come out to try to fix it, and they even replaced it a couple weeks in-but the new one had the same problem!! The only advice the techs could give me was not to wash more than ONE thing at a time or it would over flow, throw a codeand leak. 

I figured out the unplugging trick pretty quick but these things are heavy and I literally have to crawl over them to get to the plug... it is ridiculous. 

I finally just stopped using the top washer n dryer... it was too annoying. 

However- since Christmas is here and we are traveling, I just tried to use it again. Same issue. 

I was really hoping this was resolved by now. Was there a recall??

I could have bought a car for the price I paid for these the week came out. This one purchase has soiled the Samsung be for me ... and I am a developer haha. I used to love them!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First, how warranties work. If a warranty covered repair is done while under warranty and that same thing needs to be repaired again after the warranty runs out, especially if it’s only been a couple months since it was repaired under warranty, then they have to keep fixing it until it’s not a problem anymore.  If you have any problems with this contact the Bureau of Consumer Protection.  

Second, unplug washer and tilt forward. Water will drain out onto the floor. Put washer back in place, plug it in and it should work. Typically the problem occurs because the top washer overflows. There’s an overflow pan/tray and if it gets too full this happens. This often times happens when you pause the top washer and add something. The washer fills to a certain level. If you add something after it has done the initial fill it raises the water level too high and the water basically overflows into the tray. Think of a bathtub. If you fill it to a centimeter below the overflow drain it’s fine. If you then get in, it’s a problem. The same thing is true with the top washer on these. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

is there a way to force drain the pan besides tilting it?  I did the steps suggested and overnight the machine kicked on by itself and gave a 1lc1 error and lc1 error and water is everywhere again.