cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

unbalance, continuous spin and rinse, top load

I've seen this complaint on here multiple times.  We have had our machine Model number #WA45H7000AW//A2 less than 6 years, bought December 2014.  We've gone through 2 Samsung repairs.  One for the exploding lid recall,  a second for the rusting top.  It also seems to be accumulating that brown sludge that others have mentioned.  The current, most pressing problem is that it becomes unbalanced with even the smallest load. When this happens it refills and spins again, continuosly.  I have tried rebalancing the load, taking out about half the load, turning it off and just setting it to spin; nothing works.   Currently I am lugging the dripping laundry out to the patio to dry enough that I can move it to the dryer.  I had my trusted appliance repair person of several years out here and he said it is a problem with the Samsung machine and can't really be fixed.  That led me to find these two articles:  

Samsung Top-Load Washing Macine settlement - KCC (google it)
Consumer Reports, Samsung settles washer lawsuit

I regret that we had the exploding lid recall repair made.  Apparently that only hid the problem rather than repairing the unbalance issue.  I have received a message back from this site that the machine is no longer under warranty.  It said to contact a service provider, but the link attached didn't work.  I doubt that I would do that anyway since my trusted repair person told me it couldn't be fixed.  I guess I will look to replace this machine with a non Samsung version.  

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: unbalance, continuous spin and rinse, top load

Same exact problem in my house. Spins, jumps around, refills, spins, jumps around, refills until I manually take care of the dripping wet clothes. Just found out about the settlement last week, too late to participate in it of course. Samsung sent us stickers years ago to put on our $800 machine and made it sound like that was the fix. Apparently the very fine print said to contact Samsung for more information. If I had known that "more information" meant they were going to replace the faulty machine I would have done it immediately.  Now it's too late. Oh wait, they'll give me a $106 credit to go buy another  Samsung machine. Thanks Samsung. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same for me as well.  I didn't learn about the lawsuit until recently.  Though, after looking at it, it wouldn't have provided much since I opted for the repair in the recall.  We have purchased a different non-samsung machine to be delivered next week.  It pains me since this machine is only 5 years old but I fear that having it repaired will not last long.  I am also seeing the the brown sludge/mold that others have mentioned on this site.  This continues despite frequent cleanings.  I'm accepting that this is a poorly designed machine and cutting my losses. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user7Y5ODil0mC:  Are you currently needing assistance?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

My WA5451ANW XAA 2 washer just started doing that yesterday, after 8 years of working fine. I called Samsung, and the customer support rep tried to be helpful, but she had somehow never heard of this problem. I should have looked online first, because now I see how common this problem is. All she could do was initiate a service call. Which I'm now going to have to place on hold, so I can get the safety recall (which I'd never heard about) done, in order to restart my warranty for a year. I have to wonder how long that's all going to take.

Asteroid

It's frustrating that Samsung customer support pretends like they have never heard of this problem.  It's clear that this is a frequent complaint along with the rusting bleach dispenser and the brown sludge/mold issue.  If you can get money back rather than the repair for your safety recall, I recommend you consider that.  The safety recall service is a new sticker to put over your old cycles that recommends you use a low spin cycle for bedding.  They also add some support to keep the lid from flying off when it spins and gets off balance.  However, it doesn't do anything to service the suspension rods and shocks to keep the washer from spinning out of control.  

Highlighted
Constellation

I have WA400, been fighting this issue for a couple of weeks, tried all the leveling, recalibrating, etc., recommended on this and other threads. Finally ran across an answer that I thought made sense, and so ordered four new suspension rods for about $70. I am mechanically challenged but was able to replace old ones myself. Once in, went through the leveling process, recalibrated. So far so good - ran all the piled up laundry, including towels and sheets. No issues.