Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

wa456drhdsu load imbalance

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone,

Add me to the list of folks having horrible HORRIBLE knocking noises coming from our VRT washer (WA456DRHDSU/AA 01) on spin cycle.

Its been getting progessivly more frequent and has started knocking and running out of balance even with very light loads in the tub. Running with no load at all does NOT seem to cause this issue, but even a few shirts or a light load of childrens cloths makes the thing bounce all over the floor. 

I've checked the support rods and they SEEM ok, as the wash tub does not exhibit any signs of boucing up and down, but the lateral (side to side) movement of the inner/outer tub assembly is VERY loose.

I've checked the tub for being bent or out of round, but it is perfect. There is no excessive play in the motor.

The unit is dead level on the floor, but the calibration has NOT been performed.

I'm wondering if the balancer at the top of the tub can fail? Its full of water and perhaps has leaked, as some videos on youtube recommend draining it with a power drill to resolve these symptoms.

My wife and I are quite upset, as this washer has run out of the extended warranty we purchased for it from Home Depot and has otherwise performed admirably for the 6 years we've had it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: wa456drhdsu load imbalance

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION
go to the tech before the unbalance damage the tub. it is mounted over pieces with springs for keep the balance. when these spring are worn for the use the tub start to lose the balance , the piece with springs need replacement OR maybe some of it is out of the position.
the new washer use sensors also for find the balance according to the weight, if is your case check that too
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post