JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washing Machine Continuously Spinning/Rinsing (All Models)

(Topic created: 04-05-2020 05:31 PM)
userOZ8RL6hEby
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My wife has hated this washer since we got it. Sometimes it works correctly but most often not. It runs on and on with rinse and spin for hours. I have to shut it off and usually put it on the quick wash setting to get it to finish. I saw in your notes that there might be air in the lines. No air! Also reset the machine by unplugging the power and holding the start/ pause button for ten seconds. Neither fixed this issue. She wants it thrown in the ditch but as a life long mechanic I'm sure there must be a cure? Is there any recalls on this washer on this problem? Is there a fix for this issue? Thanks, Frank Ward

304 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

This link has some troubleshooting steps that will be able to help you determine what exactly is going on with your washer 🙂  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01000997/#check-your-washing-machine-load-size...

You may also want to check to see if your washer was affected by our top load washer recall via this link: https://pages.samsung.com/us/tlw/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Eric4816
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I followed tha appropriate steps, however, the problem persists.  The way te washer behaves, it seems more like there is an electrical or software problem.  The problem occurs during the transition from the rinse to spin cycles (i.e., arrow abovve the word 'rinse' is flashing).  As the machine is preparing to start the spin cycle, the drain pump is running periodically, and the drum is spinning slowly, and smoothly (no sign of an unbalanced load), there is suddenly a single ping sound, followed by what appears to be a very brief interruption of power (display flashed off for just a fraction of a second, and and it sounds like the motor stops and applies the brake), followed by the timer on the display returning to approximately four minutes earlier (i.e., from 41 minutes remaining to 44 minutes remaining).  It will continue to do this.  This behaviour is NOT the same as what we have experienced in the past when we did have an unbalanced load (Ub code displayed).

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userANhAPbJNrF
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My washing machine won't move past the spin cycle I tried balancing it more I tried even without a load and the front control board is glitchy the lights flicker from normal wash to ever other wash I tried replacing the control board in the front still does the same thing I've run diagnostic and still nothing I cleaned the filter and drain pump everything is good I'm going crazy here I had this washer for 2 years and paid 1000$ for it for nothing i need help figuring out what's wrong I brought over 2 techs and they don't even know what's wrong can you help me please 

userFpLydXRSpS
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi all, 

I have a wa50f9a6dsw/a2 and it never spins all of the water out of a load. If I let it complete a normal cycle, the clothes are typically very wet. So, I do a spin cycle of 11 minutes, and I come back a half hour later with it still spinning, adding water, and repeating the cycle endlessly.

How do I fix this? Is there a specific issue?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thank you for reaching out, try this link out and keep us updated! 

0 Likes
userkeObL6EleT
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have a washer and have had it for 5 years. Lately the spin cycle would stop several time and indicated it was out of balance.  I contact a service company and a service man checked out machine. He said the balance rods were bad and he would have to replace them. He got the rods and returned several days later. After 40 minutes he told me I had to buy a new washer because there is no way he can repair the machine because the rods are not accessible. This cost me $100.00. I will buy another washer,but it won't be a Samsung.  Never again

0 Likes
Lmriley01
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Please help, I bought Samsung thinking it was a better solution and now o am having issues and see.many here with the same issue.  My washer won't complete a full cycle, stuck in spin cycle.  Model wf350anf/xaa.

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello there, give the following a try:

Whether the washer tub is not spinning, kind of spinning, won't stop spinning, or just runs way too long, the troubleshooting is the same. 

Check your washer load size, and the cycle you are using: 

• Check the load size and weight. (Check our laundry load size guide for more details.)
  • Make sure the laundry is distributed evenly. Your washer will have trouble if all the laundry is to one side. This will cause it to vibrate a lot when it spins, in which case the washer may choose to spin slower or not at all. 
  • Match the laundry type to the cycle. Each wash cycle is designed to wash specific fabric types and soil levels. Matching the cycle and type of laundry is always going to result in the best performance. Choosing the wrong cycle for your laundry will often cause errors and/or bad performance. 

Make sure the washer is level: 

• Try to rock and wobble the washer (front load washers only).
  • Use water to weigh down the tub and make sure it stays centered (top load washers only).
  • Adjust legs as needed.
  • Run a test cycle.

Look at Step 2 for leveling:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01000997/#make-sure-the-washer-is-level 

Clean the pump filter (front load only)

• Most front load models have an accessible pump filter (also called a debris filter) on the front of the unit, near the bottom. This pump filter requires routine maintenance to be kept clean. The recommended interval is at least once a month, or every 40 washes, whichever is more frequent.
  • If cleaned often, it will never get clogged, and your washer will stay in good condition. If neglected, it can clog and cause issues with draining and even leaks.
  • The steps for cleaning a pump filter can be found in our guide for cleaning the washer.

Make sure the washer's drain hose is installed correctly.

• Check that it's inserted between 6 to 8 inches. If the drain hose is more than 8 inches deep, it causes a siphoning effect which over time will cause issues with the washer.
  • Make sure the drain hose does not form an airtight connection.
  • Measure and confirm the height of the drain hose.
  • Inspect the drain hose for damage, kinks, or bends.
  • Confirm the drain hose holder is installed.

Run calibration mode on your washer:

• Remove everything from your washer.
  • Depending on your display panel Press Delay Start and Eco Plus or Temp and Delay End buttons simultaneously, and then press
    the Power button. The machine turns on.
  • Press the Start/Pause button to activate “Calibration Mode”.
  • The pulsator rotates clockwise and counterclockwise for approximately 1 minute.
  • When “Calibration Mode” is finished, “End” or"CB" appears on
    the display, and the machine automatically turns off. The washing machine is now ready for
    use.
  • If the tub does not spin by the time this process completes, service is required.

Note: If the combination above doesn't work or you don't have those buttons, check your user manual for instructions specific to your model. If your user manual does not cover Calibration Mode, then your model doesn't have it and service is required.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:
- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using the link below
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

0 Likes
user5aj0xfZjgK
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have the same problem as everyone else with my WF330ANW/XAA washer being stuck on the spin cycle.  I've called the Samsung service center and tried running it empty with the same result.  Is there anything I can do?  Is there a recall? Is it an electronic board problem I cant hope to fix?  S/N <hidden>.

0 Likes