46mm Galaxy Watch battery drain.

Constellation

Re: 46mm Galaxy Watch battery drain.

I have the same problem, s health drains so many battery yesterday night.

Before it, it took 5% when I sleep with sleep mode.

But the same condition yesterday it took almost 35%.

And it shows s health cost the most.

Constellation

Categorically the update, no question. I have re-set as factory and not updated and get five days. The app on the phone demanded an update, and back to one day battery life. Re-set factory again without update, and back to five days. Ridiculous and need sorting. Cannot use Galaxy Wearable phone app in th emeantime, contstant demand to update, and takes you back to the drain problem.

Astronaut

Yes getting just 2days +2 hrs from full 100% charge.im using watch on feature but very little else.

@userQfAEs3dRzK wrote:

First charge of the watch, I got 5 days use out of it. I haven't done much, added a few watch faces, I have very few notifications set to come to the device. Second charge I got about 3 days out of the device. I'm on my third charge and had to charge it after 2 days with Samsung Health draining a massive portion of the battery. I have manual sync turned on, I don't use the workout features, not sure why the app is crushing my battery right now. I can't find a way to disable it, but I do use the step tracking, even though it kind of stinks, and the sleep tracker and heart rate monitor. I'd like to be able to keep using those. Suggestions? Anyone else getting progressively worse battery life?

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Want to add another person experiencing significant battery drain.    Battery usage screen on app states S.Health being the biggest drain and while that is a percentage of the total load it is likely the culprit as it was the update that was pushed to my watch that signaled the change in battery life.

I went from 5 days on single charge to 1.5 days with no change in apps, or usage pattern.

I'll wait a few days for update else I'll just return this as in it's current state is impractical.

Highlighted
Constellation

I even went as far as disablilng all excercise detection and notification.  Still massive battery drain (by comparison to pre-update)

Astronaut

Having the battery drain issue as well. Charged watch overnight to 100%. By mid day I was down to 50% battery life without having done anything significant on my watch other than check some email. 

Constellation

Samsung - What are you doing about this crippling problem ?

Astronaut

Before an update last week, I could use the watch for 3 or 4 days. Now, only 24h. I HOPE SAMSUNG WILL FIX THIS.

Astronaut

Before an update last week, I could use the watch for 3 or 4 days. Now, only 24h. I HOPE SAMSUNG WILL FIX THIS.

Constellation

I got the 46mm Galaxy Watch through Sprint a few days ago upgrading from the Gear S2 Neo finally due to no support.  Honestly I'm thoroughly unimpressed with my purchase and am strongly considering returning this watch.  I I got 6 hours out of a charge today.  I haven't added anything to the watch.  I went through and did all the power saving suggestions.  And then on top of the watch not making it till lunch I can't use Samsung Pay either.  Everytime I try to open the app the watch says it can't find the phone and the phone says that it can't reach the Samsung Pay servers.  $400 paperweight I can't even see the time on after lunch.  Maybe I should just get a $30 Casio at least I'll know when it's 2pm.