46mm Galaxy Watch battery drain.

Constellation

Re: 46mm Galaxy Watch battery drain.

28 hours I'm at 74%

Constellation

I agree. Spending that amount of money for a smart watch that I have to keep in power save mode. I can get that with a 19.99 watch.
Constellation

I have taken my watch back it's rubbish. The GPS is useless as is the heart monitor. Unfinished products. 

Constellation

Not sure if the battery gets better after a few charge cycles, but after the latest charge I got around 5.5 days haivng turned off WiFi, NFC, Always on Display and Send Diagnostics.

Astronaut

Mine is 2 weeks old, battery was great until today. 100% to 15% in 2.5 hours and I didnt use anything as I was driving the entire time. Only things on were wifi and bluetooth, no apps running. Reply plz.
Constellation

Interesting  I've had mine since Christmas and right now I'm at 3 days 11 hrs and I'm still at 44%. I haven't tweaked anything  

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm sorry but did you get a defective one? I have wifi off, bluetooth on and cellular on (auto). I get about 3 days. Samsung health is on, get and respond to text and emails, weather auto updates every hr. Brightness at a 7 and vibration on and I get about 30 emails a day with non stop text. The only time I see it drain fast is when it's trying to or have a low signal. Like a phone it will drain fast. But I am up at 4am for work and the new Samsung S9 battery is down to 34% at 5 PM, my watch is at 74%.

Constellation

I have the same problem, I got my Samsung 46mm watch 5 days ago it was great the first 2-3 days now my  battery is suddenly draining like crazy for no apparent reason and when I check it shows that the contacts are the culprit draining 94% compared to all other which show 1% drain including S health.

Any advice??

I need to use the S health and the sleep tracker as that is the only reason I got this watch.

Astronaut

I bought mine right after Thanksgiving and it has been great up until two days ago. I normally only have to charge it about every three days, but my battery has been draining rapidly and nothing about the usage has changed. The day before yesterday, I took my watch off after work and had about 78% left. I didn't charge it (because I could usually get 2 more days out of it and I don't sleep with it on) and when I got to work the next morning it was at 15% and wanted to engage in power saving mode. I charged it last night and was 100% when I put it on before work on Friday. When I got home, it was in the low 40s percentage wise.  I've checked battery usage and everything is completely normal. My usage of the watch hasn't changed, I haven't added any new faces or apps either. It's really frustrating.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Yeah I'm back to good battery life. A couple of times it started draining fast. One, I went into apps on the wearable app and looked at each app and what was using most, it was Flow. I nuked that and batt was good again. Next time bad drain all app usage looked normal so I went in to check watch settings and somehow I flipped it to always on display. Turned that off using 15 sec timeout and I'm good. I'm at 67% right now at about 40 hours since last charge. I use the thing, don't just let it hang on my wrist, so I think that isn't bad. Those with bad drain I bet most have a setting or app eating it up. Just gotta do the footwork to see what's killing it. I'm sure there are some truly defective ones out there, but my bet is the percentage is low. The law of averages pretty much dictates that.