46mm Galaxy Watch battery drain.

Constellation

46mm Galaxy Watch battery drain.

First charge of the watch, I got 5 days use out of it. I haven't done much, added a few watch faces, I have very few notifications set to come to the device. Second charge I got about 3 days out of the device. I'm on my third charge and had to charge it after 2 days with Samsung Health draining a massive portion of the battery. I have manual sync turned on, I don't use the workout features, not sure why the app is crushing my battery right now. I can't find a way to disable it, but I do use the step tracking, even though it kind of stinks, and the sleep tracker and heart rate monitor. I'd like to be able to keep using those. Suggestions? Anyone else getting progressively worse battery life?

42 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: 46mm Galaxy Watch battery drain.

Battery consumption increases when some apps are used. The watch provides various options that help conserve battery power.

Note: The available features will vary by the watch and software version.

Check for software updates to enhance the watch's performance, improve software features and security protection.
Activate power saving mode.
Close unnecessary apps.
Deactivate the Bluetooth feature when not in use.
Deactivate the Wi-Fi feature when not in use.
Decrease the screen brightness.
Deactivate the watch always on feature.
When the watch isn't used, switch to sleep mode by covering the screen with your palm.
Deactivate the voice wake-up feature in watch's supported voice assistance app (Bixby or S Voice). 
Customize the notification settings in the Galaxy Wearable app on the connected phone.
Do not expose the watch or the battery to very cold or very hot temperatures.

Constellation

So basically you are telling me to not use the watch or any of its features. That's not tremendously helpful. The watch is stock. I have wifi off. I need bluetooth on. I have wake up gestures on. When Samsung Health is draining the vast majority of the battery I tend to think there might be a problem with how the app is playing with my watch. I get 3 notifications to my watch. Bixby is the most useless thing I've ever seen. It can't do the most rudimentary of things so I don't use that. The battery life has started out strong and has really struggled without me changing any key features but I've been removing features and what is the point of spending around 400 dollars on this If you are telling me to turn every feature off?

Constellation

Not sure why yours is so bad. I'm getting about 2 to 3 days out of mine. I've had it on my wrist since 7:45 (so almost 6 hours) and have gone for a walk for 1.3 miles during lunch (no GPS, just auto detect) and I'm down to 92%. Pretty lightish use. Just looked at text and emails but nothing too heavy... I have 3 days estimated remaining...

Samsung Moderator

Hey guys, can you provide the following information:

Model code of Watch:

Baseband Version:

Bluetooth or Carrier? (If Carrier, please provide the Carrier like Verizon or AT&T)

Model of device Watch is connected to:

We are currently looking into this and will report back once we have more information. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

I have had the same issue too, almost exactly the same as yours.

i have contacted Samsung UK who have advised me to send it back, it’s being picked up Monday.

They said it’s a battery issue as it should last a lot longer, probably a fault from manufacture.

They are going to replace the battery and re-flash the firmware.

I suggest you do the same, it’s clearly an issue which was present in the S3 prior to this watch which they still haven’t got on top of. 

Astronaut

I have a same problem really disappointed with this watch It’s unfinished product battery is two days nothing improved from gear s3 nothing. Shame to you Samsung I give you chance but you only took my money 

Astronaut

With this answer you actually tell us we are idiots shame on you this watch is fake it’s for garbage you layer 

Astronaut

This Samsung with these answer tell that we are idiots this watch is for garbage battery fake fake specifications
Astronaut

Hey man how can you sell this watch to anyone. Many people I read on internet have same problems with this watch that’s not fair that’s a shame. I want return this watch what can you say?