46mm Galaxy Watch battery drain.

Constellation

Re: 46mm Galaxy Watch battery drain.

My battery stays at close to a full charge for weeks if I keep the watch powered off... i think Samsung's next suggestion will be to power off until you want to use the watch, then power off again.....

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

With the release of Tizen 4.0.0.1 my Galaxy 46mm watch uses ~1% of battery per hour. Most importantly, the battery power management is consistent. I don't see a large battery drain with app use compared to before the update was introduced.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Before the 4.0.0.1 update I was getting about three days of battery life from my watch.  Since the OS update I get less than a day.  I have almost everything turned off.  It appears that Samsung health is using most of my battery.  I am only using steps, heart rate monitor, and sleep monitor.  I like this watch but this is battery life is terrible.   

Constellation

[ Edited ]

the watch battery is not the issue the galaxy wearable app is causing this issue.. I went and upgraded from the Gear s3 frontier thinking that the battery went bad and the watch was barely getting me through the day. went and bought the galaxy watch 46mm and the same thing happened barely a day and half .. nearly took the watch back. but decided to install the app on my iphone and bang 5 days of use. 

Samsung please stop distroying your products with crapy apps like the galaxy wearable app, because i still want to use my watch with my S9+. but for now I'll have to stick with the iphone for the watch Smiley Sad 

Constellation

Turn off auto update then format your watch and restart .Do not update load your apps .after doing this I am now getting 3 to 4 days instead of 6 hours

Astronaut

Going to try that now. After the last update my battery is draining extremely fast. Less than a day before it needs a charge.

Constellation

Struggling to get two days out of my watch so very disappointing considering all the hype regarding great battery life. There's no point in switching everything off to save battery life as this makes the watch useless. May as well keep it switched off. I think my next step is to go back to Samsung to get it looked at. I was originally told the battery would last a week by a Samsung representative, so what's happened? Other than that nice watch. 

Astronaut

I purchased the LTE version of this watch.

A week later I returned the watch as I was barely getting 1.5 days out of the unit.

The Apple watch doesn't do well either as far as battery life but Samsung advertised at least 3-4 days on the standard watch AFAIK.

Constellation

I have to agree since update I am losing 20% when I go to sleep and goodnight mode is on ..... samsung what are u playing at.

Constellation

Hello  

I bought my galaxy watch 46 BT in September 

Battery life was great easy 4-5 days of light usage always connected to my I phone via Bluetooth I was very happy with it

Now I updated software to 

newest (R800OXA1BRJ4) one since the update I get max 1.5 day of battery life (shocking!!!!) it’s only two months old!!!!

I even turned most options off 

I reset watch many times restore twice to factory settings and no improvement at all

I charge my watch to 100% before sleeping around midnight 

watch drains the battery just over the night sleep of 5h more than 40% and suddenly died in the evening with most things turned off 

It is just unbelievable 

what is wrong with Samsung?

can it be solved?

any suggestions or ideas what happen to the watch

It will be possible to request refund or exchange?

Regards