46mm Galaxy Watch battery drain.

Constellation

Re: 46mm Galaxy Watch battery drain.

I'm also having major battery drain.  when I first got the watch I was getting over 2 days of battery life, less than 2 weeks later, I'm down to under a day, add that to the fact that I use the watch to track my sleep (I have sleep apnea) and therefore I have to charge it during the day.  it takes forever to charge!  I only added two apps and have since deleted them, I removed the picture sync and the music sync and still the battery just drains....

any help would be appreciated.

Constellation

Time to go class action people. Same boat. Terrible battery life unless you turn everything off and just use it as a... watch. I already have a watch with a battery life of 5 years.

Dissappointing.

Astronaut

Very bas battery life after 2 weeks and update...from 4 to 5 days now getting 1 to 1.5 days.....please fix this issue Samsung!!!

Constellation

I have the exact same issue. Initially when I bought it in September, the battery was lastying 4 days and still having 15% left. Nowadays, despite even turning of the HR, my battery lasts 2 full days and that's it. Extremely frustrating...

Constellation

So this might be a one off thing.  Sunday night charged my 46mm watch to 100% picked it up at 7am,  got home from work around 8pm and it was at 11%, weird....maybe it didnt charge right put it on the charger, took it off at 10 or 11 for a 80% charge woke up at 7am and the battery was dead.....

Constellation

Yeah so Im a retailer and I've had 3 customers returning their watches saying they got maybe 4 hours of life outta them. I think your last update killed em cause my 46mm was at 90%,i went to sleep for 8 hours and it died. Not exactly happy and would like a solution or update 

Astronaut

I just got this watch about 5 days ago and the battery holds maybe a day. I charged it to 100% last night and by 1pm today it said it needed to go into such a low power mode that only the watch would show. I hope to not take it back but this is a waste of money currently 

Astronaut

Hi Guys. I also have the 46mm and I have been having the same problem. Its after the update that you get battery problems. I have managed to resolve this issue by reseting the device to stock. Immediately when it powers back on after the reset,pair it with the Galaxy wearable then once all is done go to heart rate monitor and choose the Never monitor option. So it wont measure your heart rate unless you tap on measure. Try and tell me if that doesnt help. 

But with that said Samsung does need to resolve this issue cause now it defeats the whole purpose of the watch. We need an Update soon. We paid alot of money for these watches.

Constellation

I had no problems with battery life until I did two things

1. wore the watch for sleep tracking but did not enable Goodnight Mode

2. Changed the watch face to 'Frontier'

Looking at the battery use stats on my phone's Galaxy Wearables app it shows battery use from the watch face at 25%.  All teh other apps are at around 6-8%.

Samsung seems to be very quiet on this issue. When was the last operating system update?

Constellation

Just bought the watch today, carrier is AT&T... I work in wireless, so i'm familiar with turning a lot of the flashy features that are cool off because of the battery drain.  I've literally had to charge my watch TWICE in a single day because it's just bleeding battery power.  I don't really understand why either, but getting 8 hours maximum out of this watch on a full charge and having it for only a day is incredibly disappointing.  I was looking forward to having this watch.... looks great, with cool features.  But if it can't hold a charge at all, there's zero point in having it.  Unless I can figure out a way to extend the battery life without making my watch completely useless, i'm returning it.  Such a shame.