Battery drain on gear sport

Astronaut

Re: Battery drain on gear sport

Same with mine. I wore it at 07:00 am and and it is %22 at 12:20. And it started yesterday.

Constellation

Same issue for me too. I woke up after a full charge before bed with 60 percent left. Now after an hour of waking up it's down to 40 percent. I used to average about 3 days of battery life before.

Constellation

Same with mine. Watch goes from 100% to 0% overnight since Sunday. Tried to reset watch and it did not fix the problem. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

This fix worked for me:

1. hard reset my watch

2. cleared cache and clear data for both Gear Wearable app and Gear Plugin S app

3. uninstalled both apps

4. install Gear Wearable app from Galaxy Apps

5. Gear Plugin install an old version from September 2.2.03.18083041N (https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/gear-s-plugin/gear-s-plugin-2-2-03-18083041...)

6. When I start the pairing process, Galaxy Wearable app popped a message saying it needs to update and the update was actually carried to the Gear S Plugin 

result should be :

1. Galaxy Wearable from Galaxy Apps: 2.2.21.18080361
2. Gear S Plugin : 2.2.03.18083051

After 2.5 hours of both phone and watch usage, no drain at all, to me it looks like is fixed

Constellation

Thanks for your solution. I will try that asap. But what about s health app. Did Did you reload it as well or did not install at all?

Constellation

Add me to the ever growing list of people who had this issue pop up the last couple of days.  Go to bed with a mostly full watch and wake up to a dead one.  My watch is only 3 weeks old and has had exceptional battery life until the last 2-3 days.

Constellation

Left my watch on the night stand last night. Only dropped 4% all night. Maybe they fixed something... 

Constellation

So, I thought I was ok when my battery didn't drain during the day. Nope wore to monitor sleep and woke up (late) to a dead watch on my wrist. Put my watch on the charger while I took my daughter to school came home to check my % and the charger light was blinking. Never happened before.

Constellation

Nothing was fixed. I went to bed with my level at 70%. At 4:30AM, my watched buzzed my arm asking if I wanted to go into powersave mode because the battery level was low (15%). At 5:30AM, it buzzed again and went out.

I am in agreement with earlier posts that this is a problem when sleeping. I charged up my watch yesterday after it died overnight. It kept a full charge for the entire day (beginning around 10 AM) through the time when I went to bed (1AM). Like I said, at 1AM, it was still at 70%.

This leads me to conclude that it has something to do with the function used to measure sleep. On another watch that I had, the software used to give a warning that using the sleep function consumed a lot of battery power. I'm almost positive, we used to get the same warning with the Gear, but no more.

The only thing I've changed recently, and I mean the only thing, is that I have recently began to use Samsung Health on my phone in conjunction with my Gear. I wonder if the problem is not somehow related to that. After all, if they did not do any updates, than that becomes the only variable that has changed in this scenario, for me anyway.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Constellation

This issue also started happening to me 3 days ago. My battery is totally fine during the day but plummets at night and my watch shuts down around 3 am. I started using a new watch face and thought that might be it, although after reading this thread I'm not so sure.