10-18-2018 03:32 AM
This fix worked for me:
1. hard reset my watch
2. cleared cache and clear data for both Gear Wearable app and Gear Plugin S app
3. uninstalled both apps
4. install Gear Wearable app from Galaxy Apps
5. Gear Plugin install an old version from September 2.2.03.18083041N (https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/gear-s-plugin/gear-s-plugin-2-2-03-18083041...)
6. When I start the pairing process, Galaxy Wearable app popped a message saying it needs to update and the update was actually carried to the Gear S Plugin
result should be :
1. Galaxy Wearable from Galaxy Apps: 18.104.22.16880361
2. Gear S Plugin : 2.2.03.18083051
After 2.5 hours of both phone and watch usage, no drain at all, to me it looks like is fixed
10-18-2018 04:58 AM
So, I thought I was ok when my battery didn't drain during the day. Nope wore to monitor sleep and woke up (late) to a dead watch on my wrist. Put my watch on the charger while I took my daughter to school came home to check my % and the charger light was blinking. Never happened before.
10-18-2018 05:05 AM
Nothing was fixed. I went to bed with my level at 70%. At 4:30AM, my watched buzzed my arm asking if I wanted to go into powersave mode because the battery level was low (15%). At 5:30AM, it buzzed again and went out.
I am in agreement with earlier posts that this is a problem when sleeping. I charged up my watch yesterday after it died overnight. It kept a full charge for the entire day (beginning around 10 AM) through the time when I went to bed (1AM). Like I said, at 1AM, it was still at 70%.
This leads me to conclude that it has something to do with the function used to measure sleep. On another watch that I had, the software used to give a warning that using the sleep function consumed a lot of battery power. I'm almost positive, we used to get the same warning with the Gear, but no more.
The only thing I've changed recently, and I mean the only thing, is that I have recently began to use Samsung Health on my phone in conjunction with my Gear. I wonder if the problem is not somehow related to that. After all, if they did not do any updates, than that becomes the only variable that has changed in this scenario, for me anyway.
Anyone else in a similar situation?
10-18-2018 05:15 AM
This issue also started happening to me 3 days ago. My battery is totally fine during the day but plummets at night and my watch shuts down around 3 am. I started using a new watch face and thought that might be it, although after reading this thread I'm not so sure.