JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Changing Weather from Celius to Farenheit

(Topic created: 02-20-2017 08:33 AM)
userv1zLJL1DO6
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am using a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier and a Nexus 6P phone.  I can't seem to see how to change the weather data from Celius to Farenheit.  Can someone please let me know how to do this?  Thanks!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
51 Replies
userepIhmR6Syn
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Worked for me!

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Alrighty. I dug about a bit, and by that I mean I borrowed a friend's Gear S3 and talked to them about theirs. After shifting about, because their widget was showing both Celsius AND Fahrenheit, I think we found the answer! Try looking at your phone, Gear Manager App>Settings>Apps>Next to Weather there will be a Settings icon(gear)>Unit. That 'Unit' can be changed from C to F.   🙂  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userv1zLJL1DO6
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Awesome, thanks, that worked!

I thought I had checked that screen on the phone, but apparently I had not.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Wonderful! So glad to hear that things were fixed up. If you need anything else in the future, be sure to let the Community know and we'll do our best to help.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userv1zLJL1DO6
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Will do, thanks again!

0 Likes
userEpzgNMPEFa
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Setting the Accuweather to Farenheit only works for the today and tomorrow temperatures.  When scrolling down further to the Daily forecast for the nest several days the temperature goes back to Celsius again.  I can't find any way to correct this.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userEpzgNMPEFa Have you tried the steps listed in this thread: Gear Manager App>Settings>Apps>Next to Weather there will be a Settings icon(gear)>Unit. That 'Unit' can be changed from C to F?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userEpzgNMPEFa
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

The Galaxy watch does not use the Gear Manager App it uses the Galaxy Watch App.  The the weather section in settings is set to F.  This does not solve the problem for the Daily section.  My watch shoes F in the today and tommorow sections on my watch but shoes C in the Daily forecast

0 Likes
userNykZChHG7B
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm having this same problem. If I have the units set to F, then it is F for today and tomorrow but the future "daily weather" is C. Similarly, if I set the units to C it'll be C for today and tomorrow and then F for the daily weather. In other words, the top and bottom of the weather app are always different units no matter what I do!

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Give these steps a try: go to your galaxy wearable app>go to settings>click on apps> click on the gear next to weather> click on the unit and change to Fahrenheit. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes