Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

Constellation

Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

[ Edited ]

So I've been wearing the Galaxy Watch for 2 days now and I've noticed my steps are way way off compared to other wearable tech I've had(Fitbit & Apple Watch)

If I get up and walk to the printer, which is about 7/8 steps, it doesn't seem to count any at all. It seems the watch as a delay in counting steps. 

Does anyone else have this issue? It's quite annoying that it doesn't seem to count these steps.

186 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

Yes, I'm having this problem too. I used to do over 10,000 steps at work with my fitbit and just yesterday my galaxy said I did a little over 3,000. Its way off

Asteroid

Yes its a common problem. I returned mine, since samsung isnt offering a fix at the moment. Lol i came back to see if its been resolved bc im looking at purchasing another smartwatch or possibly purchasing the samsung watch again buuuut guess its still a problem. 

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Same issue here, fitbit registers more then 8000 steps while galaxy watch only counts 2700. However the trend over the day looks equal on both trackers.

I did disable automatic recognition of epilectical and crossfit training as proposed as a work around  in a different post. 

Astronaut

I'm having the same issue with my watch. I can walk down/up flights of stairs and walk around the house and it reads nothing! I have a two story house and must go up and down 20 times a day. Today I counted 26 times up 2 flights of stairs and it has only recored 1!

My fit bit records me as walking 15k steps most days. In 1 week I think the most I have had recorded

on my galaxy watch is 7k! I'm seriously with the battery being so bad, tempted to return it!! 

Constellation

Pretty much the same issue with the galaxy watch.  Samsung seems to have no fix.  Does anyone know if this is a hardware or a software issue?   I have done all the things samsung says to do to fix it and keep getting the same results.  

Astronaut

2 days with Galaxy watch and I have the same issue. 

Astronaut

4862 on Galaxy watch vs 7985 on Pixel 2 and 7893 on Vector watch

Constellation

I bought a galaxy watch yesterday. I noticed it will count about 16 steps then stop, if I reboot my cell phone, it will record another few then stop. 

Everything else seems to work. 

Samsung Moderator

Hey guys, we're looking into this issue. Could you all provide the following information? 

Watch model number: 

Watch baseband / software version: 

Type of phone connected to: 

Bluetooth or carrier version: