Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

Battery seems good on mine, can last over 48hrs, but I'm trying to figure out a charging schedule. I'm charging it in the evening for a few hours most every night. I may try to charge it every 48hrs to excercise the battery better.
Constellation

@SCADAman29325 wrote:
I went into a 1hr mtg, I gained about 1100 steps. I'm going to rock my way to health.

Ha... wow... that is oppisite of most step errors !!!  Maybe they over corrected the problem in yours !!

Constellation

@SCADAman29325 wrote:
Battery seems good on mine, can last over 48hrs, but I'm trying to figure out a charging schedule. I'm charging it in the evening for a few hours most every night. I may try to charge it every 48hrs to excercise the battery better.

I think your idea to charge every 48 is better for the battery!  I run mine until under 15% .. just over 3 days of use to get there!  I am satisified with the battery life...

Constellation

[ Edited ]

The step counter works now for me as long as I use a watch face without "steps" shown in any way.  Then samsung health runs in the background and detects & accumulate steps on the mark.  

Most watch faces include a steps counter in soma way or another. I found the "new3.0.1" watch face nice and use that until the steps issue is solved.  During excercise I then use Samsung Health app.  

Note (technical): I have only spent a few hours with Tizen Studio to examine this , but what I believe is the issue: Any app for the watch that spends "too much" time handling pedometer data.  A watch face typically subscribe to pedometer data  (tizen.humanactivitymonitor.setAccumulativePedeometerListened(myCallback)).  If the "myCallback" spends "too much time" showing the stuff - the steps counter freeze.

I will try using a simple facewatch again. This didn't work for me before. 

I am learning though that you are required to wave your arms as you walk for the steps to be registered and counted. I did a test like last night while laying in bed I made hand motions as if I was walking... And guess what?! Tada! The "steps" got registered! So to me it seems that the way the sensors are set to work is the problem and actually SamsungSupport on Twitter confirmed it. They said that the watch  would only register steps if your arms are moving. I tried reasoning with them that you don't always swing your arms as you walk but they gave me the "then send your watch to be fixed". Argghhh

Constellation

Model number SM-T805U

SOFTWARE version 4.0.0.1

Phone Smsung Galaxy S9+

Carrier AT&T 4G LTE

Samsung Moderator

@user09SSegmG0X Can you please confirm your model number for your galaxy watch as I am unable to locate that model number? Can you also please provide me with your baseband version, Bluetooth or LTE, the Android version of your Galaxy S9+, and the symptoms you are experiencing?

Constellation

Model number SM-R805U

LTE

not sure where to find baseband version

Android version 8.0.0

My watch is way undercounting my steps

Samsung Moderator

To locate the baseband version for your watch, from your app screen>tap to settings> tap about watch>tap on software> view the software version as well as baseband information on that screen.

Astronaut

i am using a Samsung galaxy note 9 on the US Cellular network. connection is bluetooth.

my watch version is sm-r810

tizen version 4.0.0.1

software version r810xxu1brk3

fitbit counted over 3000 steps. 

galaxy watch counted 167 steps.

something is very wrong there and we spend good money on these devices so please fix