Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

Returned mine. Thanks for taking so long. 

Constellation

I have the same issue

Sm-r810

s wasteband

samsung  galaxy s7 connected

bluetooth

Constellation

Same issues here. I'm averaging 350k steps a month, usually between 10k -20k a day. With this watch I didn't get over 9k with other today my count is short 3k so far. Bit laughable.

@ SamsungJecca
SM-R800
TIZEN 4.0.0.0
R800XXU1ARH1
Samsung S8
Astronaut

It seems like if you walk without moving your arms (holding back pack straps or holding onto a shopping cart and the like) those are the steps that don't get counted. But it's all just credit and inaccurate

Astronaut

Same issue here. Galaxy Watch Model SM-R800, Tizen 4.0.0.0.  Ver.R800XXu\U1BRH3.

Astronaut

Same problem here. Galaxy Watch Model SM-R800.  Tizen 4.0.0.0 Ver.R800XXU1BRH3

Constellation

I have the same issue.

My phone shows four times the number of steps my watch does despite me not carrying my phone all the time and having the watch on all the time! I'm lucky if I get 500 steps a day on it, also it doesn't register me going up and down stairs??

VERY INACCURATE I hope it's a software issue and not the sensors or I'll be asking for a refund!

Watch model number: SM-R810

software version: R810XXU1ARH1

Type of phone connected to: Galaxy note 9

Bluetooth or carrier version: not sure what you mean??

Constellation

I just got my watch this weekend and notice the same thing. It's registering about 4000 steps behind my fitbit. I'm probably going to return it.

I have the SM-R810

Tizen version 4.0.0.0

Software version R810XXU1BRH3

Connected to Samsun Galaxy S8

Bluetooth Version

Constellation

Same issue. Steps compared to my fitbit are well out. Yesterday I went up and down the stairs at home 33 times according to the my fitbit which was about right, my galaxy watch recorded 3!!!!! 

Really poor. I've been in to Samsung today and they spoke with one of their engineers who says it's a software issue. And a fix should be coming. Couldn't say when so not confident. 

Constellation

Model SM-R180

Bluetooth

Tizen 4.0.0.0

Software version R810XXU1BRH3

Samsung S7 Model SM-6930V

I have posted on one of the other threads here, but after 15 steps starts counting including the 15.  If you stop that starts all over again.  Treadmill doesn't record my steps when I have used the treadmill function.  Mine is not counting stairs and I have multiple stairs in my home.  Compared to my Fitbit One which I have gone back to the Samsung watch runs 39 to 52% accuracy. This is my second watch and was getting ready to return it this week to Best Buy while I still can.  I have chatted with a Samsung tech who suggested returning the first one.  I have tried all of the fixes we've been told to try at no avail.  Thankfully, you are looking into these issues.