Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

This is very frustrating considering I was so close to upgrading my fitbit to another fitbit but decided to push the boat out and  with this new watch. Bitterly disappointed. Might return the watch

Watch model number: sm-r810

Watch baseband / software version: tizen version 4.0.0.0

Type of phone connected to: Samsung sis

Bluetooth or carrier version:  Bluetooth

Constellation

@SamsungJecca is there a fix incoming for this or are you going to end up with a LOT of returns!

I'm assuming it is a software problem and  not the sensors on the watch?

Samsung Moderator

Thanks everyone for providing this information, we are currently looking into this and will report back once we have further information. Please note, if your device was not purchased in the US you will need to reach out to the support team in your area for assistance. 

For new posters, please provide the information Jecca listed. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Cosmic Ray

@SamsungCole I really hope you are being honest when you say you're working on it because when we call or email Samsung tech support they know nothing about this issue. Everything just seems very weird.

I just got off the phone with customer service and the new issue is they can't help me because according to my SN I bought the watch on October, 1 2018! They are looking into it, but it just adds to my frustration with this whole thing!

Watch model number: sm-r810

Watch baseband / software version: tizen version 4.0.0.0

Type of phone connected to: Samsung Galaxy S8

Bluetooth or carrier version:  Bluetooth

What?! This is crazy! I guess you might be a time traveler!

Samsung Moderator

We do our best to provide consistent support across all channels, but I can assure you that the mods here in the community have definitely escalated this so that we can research this further. This is one of our main threads of this issue so we will be posting here as soon as we have more information. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Thanks Cole,

Please add the heart rate, sleep tracker and floor count accuracy to the list.  Because along with step tracking all of the above mentioned things are not working accurately.

Thank you.

Samsung Moderator

All accounted for! Smiley Happy

Asteroid

I am in the same position as you describe. I returned it, have not found another watch that has everything I want (and that this watch had - as a droid user), but I can't see getting another one because this issues is showing up more and more. And the watch hasn't even been out a month! Too bad that Samsung is not on this, as it is a serious issue!

Asteroid

I sent mine back, but so don't have the data you are requesting, but the company has my info and you can get it from the email address connected to this post. Please let us know if you resolve this issue, as it's a great watch other than this! Thanks!