Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

I have same issue.  

1 Fitbit Mile = 0.7 Gear 3 miles.

Someone told me the Gear 3 is GPS.  Myguess is the root of the problem.

Cosmic Ray

@SamsungCole thanks for the reply. I feel everyone is just very frustrated that their brand new watches are not working and are getting inconsistent feedback.

I also think my watch is not auto detecting workouts properly. It didn't pick up I was cycling during my spin class this morning. I also noticed it's not checking HR every ten minutes like I have it set to, but I know there are HR issues that have been brought up. 

Also, I'm curious, should if I'm just using the watch to just track steps, activity and be linked to my phone, have not installed any apps except for what it came with, should I have to charge it every other day? I saw some one said they get 5 to 6 days out of one charge. They didn't mention doing anything special to make that happen. 

Constellation

Same issue here. Fitbit count is significantly higher.

Other than this, I like the watch. Upgraded from Frontier S3

SM-R800

Tizen 4.0.0.0

R800XXU1BRH3

Connected to Galaxy Note 8

Constellation

Model #: SM-R800NZSAXAR

Software: R800XXU1BRH3

Phone type: Galaxy S8+

Watch type: Bluetooth 46 mm

Problem: Inaccurate step measurement on anything less than 15 consecutive steps. 

Constellation

Model #: SM-R800

Software: R800XXU1BRH3

Phone type: Galaxy S9+

Watch type: Bluetooth 46 mm

Problem: Doesn't measure anything less than 20 consecutive steps. A lot of testing, I tried all the solutions I could find here, disabled all the automatic detection workouts, reboots, software updates...

Climbed floors is totally wrong, I see that youtube videos are coming out its also not a isolated case.

[ Edited ]

Hello,

After returning my 2 Galaxy Watches, because of failing to register steps, not counting steps I decided to test the sensors on my 3rd watch which also doesn't count steps correctly. The way you can do it is if you go to your PHONE DİALER  on your watch you can enter *#0*# this will bring you to a screen where you can select sensors then scroll down to gyroscope and click on SELF. This should self test your sensor.  I tested it before and usually PASSED but I tried testing several times and it would PASS and then FAİL! So you might need to test it several times. 

So far no one at Samsung suggested doing that! 

The moral of the story.... This is not a software issue!!! This is a manufacturing and quality control issue! 

Please post your results.

[ Edited ]

@SamsungJecca wrote:

Hey guys, we're looking into this issue. Could you all provide the following information? 

Watch model number: 

Watch baseband / software version: 

Type of phone connected to: 

Bluetooth or carrier version: 

@

Hello,

After returning my 2 Galaxy Watches, because of failing to register steps, not counting steps I decided to test the sensors on my 3rd watch which also doesn't count steps correctly. The way you can do it is if you go to your PHONE DİALER  on your watch you can enter *#0*# this will bring you to a screen where you can select sensors then scroll down to gyroscope and click on SELF. This should self test your sensor. I tested it before and usually PASSED but I tried testing several times and it would PASS and then FAİL! So you might need to test it several times. 

So far no one at Samsung suggested doing that! 

The moral of the story.... This is not a software issue!!! This is a manufacturing and quality control issue! 

Please post your results.

Constellation

Same to me, please give us a solution!!!!! 

Constellation

I am not sure it's because of a gyro. I did your tests, so if I move my hand while testing it FAILs every time, But if I hold still while testing it PASSes every time too. I am not sure are you supposed to move when testing it. 

And if you go to display in the gyro testing part, me watch catches every movement and even the smallest movement.

Hoping that this is a software bug that can be fixed with a new update. 

Constellation

Same for me, seems short distances not recording  For example  if you go from one room to another, or upstairs and back down. Sometimes adds to count, mostly not.

SMR800

R800XXU1ARH1

S9+

BLUETOOTH