Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

Same issue 

SM-R810NZDAXAR

Small band, rose gold 

Galaxy note 9

Blue tooth 

Constellation

Watch model number: SM-R805U

Watch baseband / software version: Tizen 4.0.0.0

Type of phone connected to: Samsung Galaxy S9+

Bluetooth or carrier version: T-Mobile

I have had all the same issues as the people above. My first samsung watch had none of these issues. I am actually on my second 46MM galaxy watch SM-R805U as I replaced it for all the above reasons. I have tried all fixes I have seen including rebooting, software updates, uninstalling and reinstalling gear and resetting the watch. Disabling the auto recognize of the rower and  eliptical (I actually tunred them all off except walking. I have done all these steps several times. To say I am frustrated is an understatement. This is embarassing to release what should be the premier android watch and not even be able to count steps is ridiculous.

Constellation

Please respond or help or this watch and phone are being returned for apple devices. This is my first attempt ever with a non-apple devices and I am getting very frustrated.

Connected to note 9

Bluetooth only 

Model SM=r810

tizen 4.0.0.0

r810xxu1BRH3

knox 2.3.0

Constellation

Also, I have rebooted, turned off rower and elliptical.

Constellation

Were you able to get this fixed? I  am having the same issue and am ready to return. Thanks.

Constellation

On note 9
Bluetooth version
SM-R800
R800XXU1BRH3

Same problem I am going around to my home and does not count propably need more time to walk to start counting

Fitbit charge 2 count 5800
Galaxy watch count 2000
Constellation

Same problem.  Inaccurate step counts and floor counts.  Almost never counts floors and steps just get counted sporadically.  Please let us know if this is a software or hardware problem ASAP.  If a hardware issue, what are replacement options for early customers?  

Very frustrated and about to return Watch. This is an important basic feature that should work on a premium device, and is a key feature for me.  Love everything about the watch other than extremely inaccurate fitness tracking.

Samsung support has been unhelpful.

Got a software update from Samsung on 10-15-18 and it still didn't fix the problem. 

Model Code (Full) = SM-R800 Galaxy Watch (46mm) Silver (Bluetooth)

Baseband Version: Bluetooth / Wifi / GPS 

Tizen version: 4.0.0.1

Software Version: R800XXU1BRJ4

Connected to phone via bluetooth.

Partnered Handset Info: Galaxy Note 8

Brand: Samsung

Model Number: SM-N950U

Android version: 8.0.0

Samsung Experience-version: 9.0

Baseband-version: N950USQU5CRIA

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Same issue. Awful step counting accuracy. Completely inexcusable for a watch that claims to include a pedometer. It's not exactly new technology. Samsung customer support is a joke, non existent. Having to explain the problem to them while they act like it's a rare unknown issue is kinda insulting. I waited for an update, one came this week and it did not fix the problem. Returning to Best Buy tomorrow. I was so confident in this watch that I tossed the packaging, instruction booklet, etc. Best Buy said it shouldn't be a problem. The rep I spoke with said they're taking a lot of returns on this watch for step count issues. She said moreso for heart rate tracking issues.

Back to my trust ol' FitBit!

Constellation

I just update to brj4 same problem

A video from I guy that shows the problem

https://youtu.be/sk33oKbP_Ag
Astronaut

[ Edited ]

My Galaxy Watch is not recording steps properly as well. I bought this to replace my fitbit, but looks like I need to keep both! I have model SM-R800, connected to Samsung S9Plus,  bluetooth connectivity,  "latest update installed", the watchband in use is the one that came with the watch.