Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch - Step Counter accuracy?

Model - SMR805F

SW Version - R805FXXU1BRHA

Tizen Version 4.0.0.0

Connected to Galaxy Note 8

Astronaut

42mm 

Samsung galaxy 9 phone bluetooth 

Modelsmr810nzdcxar

Astronaut

Step count not working may return watch
Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

I'm using the 42mm version of the Galaxy watch and was walking around the house and not recording steps. Sometimes the watch would apparently buffer steps then display them, but it was obviously coming up short on the real count. I decided to swing my arm while standing in place. The watch recorded each swing as a step. I was up over 300 steps when not even moving. I think that the watch's software can't differentiate between forward motion and arm movement and that results in a hodge-podge meaningless count. Please Samsung, do something about rectifying the step-count issue. Why should a cellphone that is stashed in your pocket do a better job than a fitness watch on your wrist. The cell is made to make phone calls. The watch is made for recording accurate counts of physical activities, including steps. I am sure that those who own these watches would like to know if this issue is software or hardware based? Will there be a mass buy back by Samsung if they can't be fixed?

Constellation

I agree with others here. For a fitness tracker, the Galaxy watch is HORRIBLE.   Do you guys not do user testing?  I just walked about 2 miles and I show <3,000 steps?  3,000 steps is average if I just walk to my office from the car and back each day.

Please fix this soon.  The watch is essentially worthless to me as is.

SM-R800
Tizen 4.0.0.1

R800XXU1BRJ4

Knox 2.3.0
Bluetooth
Android Samsung Galaxy S8+

Constellation

I am having same issue. Purchased it 3 days ago. 

Model SM-RH10

Connected to phone via bluetooth.

Connected to Galaxy S7 phone.

Constellation

46mm galaxy watch sm-r800 original band, tizem 4.0.0.1, it registered 1k steps compared to the 3k on my phone, a note 8. While the watch is good looking and finally has decent battery, it is primarily a fitness tracker for me a d will go back to costco without a fix in the works. 

Asteroid

So are you working on a fix? This is starting to turn into a joke. I have had my device for nearly a month now.

Constellation

Same issue as me. Also, over the weekend, spent time doing some repairs and went up and down the stairs many times. I recorded it as just once. Shocking.

This watch is very inaccurate...well, it must me a big software issue.

Constellation

Watch model number: SM-R800

Watch baseband / software version: 4.0.0.1

Type of phone connected to:  Google Pixel

Bluetooth or carrier version: Bluetooth.

Also, can you look at the 'weather app" not updating, even if you have added locations in the Samsung Wearable app.