JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series not counting floors

(Topic created: 08-31-2018 08:09 AM)
userIJOJeZ7Km0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had the Galaxy watch for about a day now, and it's only registered 1 floor.  I've probably done 25-30.  My house floors are more than the 10 feet it says it needs to count a floor.  I'm not sure if this is an issue with the hardware, or the software.  Is anyone else having an issue? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
225 Replies
user4tX8phkWxU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am waiting too it is a height isssue if u hold your hand out in front of u when u climb the stairs it registers so all Samsung have to do is lower the height it can't be that hard just get on with it this has been a problem for too long.

userGx2UurH1s6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just noticed this problem on my new Galaxy watch. Tried many of the suggestipns in this thread. The only one that seemed to work consistantly is to raise my arm as I get to the top of the stairs. 

The problem is that counting floors climbeg doesn't make sense. "Floor"  is not a unit of measure. Floors in houses are typivcally shorter than those in office buildings and even between buildings of the same types, the heights of floors vary. Even the rate of climb comes into play. If you walk half way up a flight of stairs, pause to talk to someone, then walk the rest of the way up you still climbed a floor, but the watch won"t count it.

It would be much better to have a measurement of "elevation +"  that shows how many feet you climbed in a day. They would still have to factor out altitude drift, but at least it would be a meaningful measurement.

userFhYKJt106f
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I also have this issue, I bought my galaxy watch 3 days ago its managed to count 1 floor per day. I've just tried this holding my hand out in front of me its worked 5 times one after the other! It's certainly a height thing 🙂 come on Samsung get it sorted....

0 Likes
TMWilson21
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Galaxy Watch and a Galaxy S9+. Mine is not counting floors either and my stairs at at least 10 feet

0 Likes
useruS0kg29idv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've recently bought a galaxy watch 46mm and am having the same issues with it not counting floors. I live in a 2 storey house and today it's counted one floor. I've walked up and down stairs around 10 times and also recorded a walk with an elevation of 172ft at the lowest and 238ft at the highest. I've definitely done more than one floor. This seems to be an on going issue, are there any solutions yet? Thank you.

0 Likes
userUleG91JeI3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same. Galaxy Watch 46mm and at work I have a daily break where I go up/down this large staircase in the main entrance... And today only THREE flights were logged all day. From the flights at work and at home I should have closer to 30. 

0 Likes
Rob K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, I did and I was unable to resolve the issue. Based on the postings here this is definitely not an isolated problem and there is no official acknowledgement yet from Samsung or any indication whether this is a software or hardware issue.

A few users reported having to send in their devices and apparently were told they had a faulty board.  Could either be a bad batch of boards or Samsung rushed he device to get it released before Apple announces their new watch (or both).

It's entirely possible that after "battery gate" that Samsung now has a "step gate" on their hands. I decided to return my Galaxy watch and instead opted to spend a bit more and get the Garmin Forerunner 935.  A little extra $ and the difference is incredible in the reliability and sheer amount of workout data you get.  

Oh, and it counts steps and floors.... 😉

userXBwgP3mc00
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

New Watch will not count floors tried reboot, reset and clearing cache.  It still will not count floors.

PoetLuke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My count is very erratic. On tuesday it counted 97 floors, and then the next day 13 floors, and I  walked the same areas. Hopefully there could be a solution to make it more accurate and consistant

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello @PoetLuke, can you provide me with the model number to your watch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes