Gear Fit 2 - Pixel 2 XL Alarm/Clock compatibility

Constellation

Gear Fit 2 - Pixel 2 XL Alarm/Clock compatibility

Hello, 

I just recently got a Google PIxel 2 XL (Today actually), upgraded from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. 

I love my watch, and I really like my new phone. I have been getting all of the notifications through my watch via the P2XL, except for my Clock/Alarm. Is there any way to resolve this issue? Would it be possible to add the vibration function for non-samsung clock/alarm?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear Fit 2 - Pixel 2 XL Alarm/Clock compatibility

Hey, @user6ByaIGoO07, would you mind specifying the model number of the watch you are having difficulty with?

Constellation

I have this exact same issue. The model number of the Samsung Gear Fit 2 is SM-R3600DAAXAR. Help would be appreciated.

Samsung Moderator

Thanks for providing your watch's model number. Do you already have the Gear application installed, @userhbL2sGFykh?

Constellation

Yes, the Gear app is installed, and my phone is connected to the Gear Fit 2.  All other notifications -- text, e-mail, etc. -- work just fine, except my morning alarm.  I just switched from the Samsung Note 5 to the Google Pixel 2 XL, so I know what the alarm notification on the Gear Fit 2 should do.  It's a great alarm feature and I'd like to have it again.

Samsung Moderator

I do appreciate that clarification, @userhbL2sGFykh, have you attempted to find an alarm application via the Samsung Gear application for your watch?

This may be a good way to replicate this behavior. Let me know if you need any further help!

Highlighted
Constellation

I had an "ah-ha" moment when you said that. I went into the Gear app, found a Samsung alarm app, installed it, and tested an alarm. Nothing. I turned off my Fit, turned it back on, and tried another test alarm. Still nothing. I restarted my phone and tried again -- nope, nothing. I double-checked notifications to make sure they were on. I don't know what else to do. Is it an Android operating system issue? The Gear Fit 2 is supposed to be compatible with Android phones, but maybe it's not updated for Oreo yet? I don't know enough about programming to troubleshoot this. Is there any way to escalate this to a programmer? I love the Fit, but maybe it's not the right wearable for me now.

Samsung Moderator

It is certainly a possibility that Android 8.1 has some updates to APIs that the Gear was utilizing to previously facilitate those features.

As Samsung phones are still running 7.1, the Samsung apps may not be updated as of yet, but I would suggest attempting to check for updates to the Gear app for future updates.

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to provide your feedback via our Voice of Customer form, this allows your concerns to be surfaced to the product team as quickly as possible. Thanks so much for your feedback!