Gear Fit 2 battery drain

SOLVED
Highlighted
Asteroid

Gear Fit 2 battery drain

Since the last software update the battery life of my Gear Fit 2 has been terrible. I am very lucky if I can get 6-8 hrs out of it before it closes down. Before the software update I would get 2-3 days of battery life out of it which was quite acceptable, and that was running a number of the apps. I have now turned off all functions except bluetooth to my phone (Galaxy S7 Edge) and message notifications (of which I get very few). Today the battery lasted only 6 hours. I have tried a factory reset as suggested by Samsung customer service with no effect. I have turned off 'location' in Settings, I have turned off wireless. I recharged the battery this evening to 100%, I have been sitting watching TV for 2 hours since and the battery level has dropped to 80% already. Can someone offer a solution please. This is simply unacceptable. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Halo
Solution
Accepted by topic author userw9Ncga4VCO
‎01-31-2017 12:54 PM

Re: Gear Fit 2 battery drain

[ Edited ]

Are you kidding me ?  It takes time for an update to settle in ???  Priceless.

Wi-fi and Location kill the battery pretty fast.   My GF2 battery lasts well with these off.

152 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Hello there, @userw9Ncga4VCO. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.

I have seen this happen with other devices if the update is still pretty new. How long ago did you download that update? I've seen it take a week or two for any small bugs to be worked out and the update settle in enough to stop draining the battery unnecessarily. 

We certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier, when you started noticing this happen, and what you've already tried to fix it. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Halo
Solution
Accepted by topic author userw9Ncga4VCO
‎01-31-2017 12:54 PM

[ Edited ]

Are you kidding me ?  It takes time for an update to settle in ???  Priceless.

Wi-fi and Location kill the battery pretty fast.   My GF2 battery lasts well with these off.

Asteroid

Is that seriously your professional response??? If that's true Samsung seriously needs to up its game. However I feel quite confident you have made that up expecting me to be some kind of techno moron who'd buy it. I don't!!!

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Thank you Hmmmm! A sensible, intelligent answer and one that makes total sense. WiFi and location must get turned on with that last update. I have now turned them off and am sure that'll make a difference. I hope so anyway. 

Why add in features that are going to suck the life out of the device Samsung? Bit odd. 

Constellation

Did you turned off those from the device or from the Gear fit manager trough your mobile?

Constellation

[ Edited ]

userw9Ncga4VCO wrote:

Thank you Hmmmm! A sensible, intelligent answer and one that makes total sense. WiFi and location must get turned on with that last update. I have now turned them off and am sure that'll make a difference. I hope so anyway. 

Why add in features that are going to suck the life out of the device Samsung? Bit odd. 

Hi There,

I am in all agreeance with the 1st section of your post :->Samsung does advertise about 2-3 days on Medium to Heavy use. This could depend on the application you have running in the backround. I too own a Gear Fit 2, I like to keep WiFi turned OFF as there really is no point having it turned on. If your phone is connected via Bluetooth, all the Notification come throught over that (using the mobile phones Wi-Fi or Cellular Connection)

Here are some tips I have for you.

Whilst you are at Work or School/University etc. and are sitting down for a longer period, turn of lift wrist to wake feature, this is pretty quich and easy to do.

Settings > Device > Wake Up Gesture > Toggle OFF

Also, if you are wearing this to bed, switch it to Do Not Disturb ( Pull Down from Top of Screen > Select the Do Not Disturb Icon on the right of the brightness > Toggle it OFF

All that really does is silence all notifications (except for alarms) and turns off the lift wrist to wake feature. I personaly use this device for my Alarms as to not wake up my whole house Smiley Happy

(And so I can have my phone switched off at night!)

Hope this Helps you all!

Chaso

Cosmic Ray

userw9Ncga4VCO wrote:

Glad I read this.  Location was not on but WiFi did get turned on.  I was having to use Power Saving Mode just to get thru the weekend without charging.

Constellation

I call BS!  The last update is disaster for my F2. How do I reverse it?

Constellation

I am having the same issue with my Gear battery to. I have done all of the suggested fixes with no effect. It just drains wash to quickly. 60% drop in battery while sitting out sleeping and no other functions operating.