Gear Fit 2 battery drain

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Gear Fit 2 battery drain

I have been having the same issue shipper frustrating. Dead in under 8 hours. All my settings are the same. It was like a switch was turned on one day the caused my battery to go from lasting 2 days to 5hrs.

Constellation

I have same problem. Some days my gf2 last 48h, some days it last 5h- with the same settings. I never know will my battery be 85% in the morning or will it be completely drain. I never know will I use my gf2 today or will it stay on charger. 

What kind of experience customers get from you Samsung? I've bought your product year ago to have Spotify on my wrist. Year past by, and there is no Spotify. After one year I see 5 new apps in your store - badminton, golf and other useless stuff. 5 app a year?

I check the Internet and see a lot of people have problem with battery drain on gear fit 2. What Samsung do with it? They advice people to turn off things they don't use...

Samsung we don't need your advice, we need bug-free software! Sit down and fix it cause you have nice hardware with **bleep**ty software and you do nothing with it.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

So, I myself have updated to the latest software. And I am still wondering whether or not that was a smart move. I generally take the Fit 2 off as soon as I get home (at like 4 o'clock). I don't think this is a very good Samsung product whatsoever, I am no fitness fantic, and if I was, there are certainly cheaper, better options out there. I got this complimentary with my Galaxy S7, so now I am using it. I would not have paid $239 for something like this, this is just a novelty in my opinion.  I also think having this connected is draining my battery. I am at school for 6-7 hours a day and do not use my phone at all during those times. At the start of school its 90% Battery and then after 6-7 hours standby it is at like 50-60%.

This may be normal but I don't think so. Please let me know,

Chaso

Honored Contributor

Hey folks, 

A lot of things can change the battery life on a Gear device. Often in fact, it changes based on how close it is to the smart phone it's paired to. The further away, it will flip from Bluetooth to Wifi which does tend to take more power. Honestly, the flipping back and forth seems to take the most power though  XD

@Chaso

If you were talking about your smart phone going down 30-40% in 6-7 hours, that's actually really good. Totally normal and (while I do have an older smart phone) I would love to get that much time on one charge. Then again, I do tend to play a lot of games. Probably the most telling would be the battery usage chart. Below that it will tell you what is using the most battery. If it's saying that your battery is lasting 8-12 hours when doing something that isn't too straining (like games) or 12+ when in idle, you're not doing bad.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

My Gear software updated a couple of days ago. Now I have the following problems:

• 15% battery drain on the Fit2 PER HOUR (used to get 2-3 days use)
  • Bluetooth connection issues - will pair, but won't connect
    • Visible for pairing
    • After pairing, not visible for connection
Constellation

I'm having the same problem. After over a year with no serious problems, since the weekend my Gear Fit 2 suddenly started running down the battery in half a day. Before I only had to charge it every 2 or 3 days. And, my phone's battery (Galaxy s6 edge) has also started running down really quickly. Before this weekend I only needed to charge it once a day, but now it runs out of power by lunch time. I can't be constantly searching for places to charge it when I'm out and about and actually need it. This is super frustrating.

Constellation

To get my Gear Fit2 to connect properly again after the update (not just "intermittent BT"), I did the following:

1)  Reset Gear Fit2

2)  Closed all apps on phone

3)  Went to Settings/Applications/Gear Fit Plugin 

4)  Turned OFF permissions for all options (calendar, contacts, etc.)

5)  Opened Gear app and began connection process from scratch

Without altering permissions, the initial connection process never completes and times out.  Perhaps you can try this without resetting your Gear Fit2? I'd already reset my Gear before I started messing around with permission settings.

Constellation

Yeah like others have said Gear Fit 2 ran for 2-3 days perfectly fine until the last update.

Now it dies in a matter of hours.

A fix would be nice from Samsung as it's useless if it's gonna die this fast.

Astronaut

Bought my GF2 this week and have noticed a terrible battery life. I was only made aware of bug issues after typing the issue into google and finding this page. Please sort this out, Samsung........

Constellation

My battery is draining in about 4 hours, I'm not using it for anything except the steps and HR and clock.  How do I get it back to where it was going days on a charge before the update?