Gear Fit 2 battery drain

SOLVED
Astronaut

Re: Gear Fit 2 battery drain

Just did the latest update and now have no battery life. Have turned Gps off, Dimmed screen all the way, WIFI off, Bluetooth off and notifier off. Still dying fast. Any help would be great. Loved my Gear Fit2 but now completely useless.

Constellation

Same issue. I can't get through a standard work day before it goes into power saving mode. I have stopped using it. Lame.
Constellation

Same here.   I had 100% battery yesterday morning, wore the watch all day and in the evening it was 70% remaining and took it off.  I woke up this morning and it was completely​ flat and wouldn't turn on.

Constellation

Another one here. 

Battery completely drained by lunchtime.  Was fine before the update, which was installed Monday.

Constellation

Hey Guys

I am facing same battery issues as all others. Got my GF2 last week, did upgrade today and since then, they battery is draining 10% per hour with gear connected to phone and thats it.

Location off, wifi on phone and all notifications except whatsapp are off and I get rear notifications per hour.

Terrible stuff. Wonder if Samsung can help or I return this back.

Constellation

Hello,

I have a Samsung Gear Fit 2 bought in India (if the region is relevant in this discussion).

I can get 2 days of battery life, with the latest update. I keep the GF2 connected to my phone via bluetooth and keep the location/WiFi off. 

My GF2 tends to lose more battery juice during the night as compared to the day, when I'm active. Whilst this was counter-intuitive at first, I realised this is because of the Auto HR polling, which happens every 10 minutes during the night. During the day, the frequency is MUCH lower as I'm not sitting still for long periods of time.

I think a simple fix to be able to change the polling frequency of Auto HR will go a long way in pushing the battery life of the GF2 to at least 3 days.

I don't need to know my heart rate every 10 minutes, when I'm sleeping.

What's the best way to provide this feedback to Samsung?

Thanks,

Sharad

Astronaut

Why is this marked as resolved? It's quite obviously still a problem.

Samsung, I used to sing your praises to my fitness groups; you've helped me shed almost 70 pounds. It's going to be a darn shame if I have to go back and tell everyone this thing is a piece of garbage since the latest update. It's not like there's a lack of options in wearables now.
Asteroid

Gf2 user, having battery drain issues as well. Charged full yesterday after same thing overnight before. Just woke up today, and guess what? Same problem. Obviously there is an issue with the latest update. Samsung, get your $#¡T together and sort this out!! Used to get three days, keeping same settings. Now getting 12 hrs??????

Astronaut

I have the same battery drain problem since the update. I already shut down many of the processes. The problem is getting worse each day since the update. THERE IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH THE LAST UPDATE!

Constellation

My battery completely drained in about 2 hours this morning.  Always got 2 to 3 days before this weekend.  What happened?