Gear Fit 2 battery drain

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Gear Fit 2 battery drain

Same problems with fast battery drain.  I saw an update to the weather app come through.  I checked settings for it and don't see anything odd, but I will turn off the 6 hour automatic update and see what happens.

Constellation

Interesting - I just went into the gear app and see there's another weather update.  Maybe this really was the culprit, as wifi and location services were off (as they were for others on this thread).  Will finish charging and then download app.

Constellation

My GF2 used to give about 2 days earlier...but last two times, after reaching 30% battery, it drained in about 2 hours...dead flat!! Now, the battery does not seem to last 6 hours!! I have nothing turned on except Bluetooth (but I turn off the BT on my Mobile phone except when I want to synch...about 2 times a day)...what gives...I see there is no solution on any of the pages and yet this says resolved?

I went for Samsung after being an Apple product user for many years (S6 with VR got me to Samsung....but even that is now a problem...the battery on the S6 swelled up and tore the back of the phone open on one side!!). 

I may have made a mistake moving to Samsung seeing that they dont seem to have the basics done right :-(

This is due - in my case - to the new update pushed to my watch through my phone (from Samsung) Monday. Mine is usually good for 2 or more days and now it won't go more than 4 hours.

userspFC6JAieO wrote:

My GF2 used to give about 2 days earlier...but last two times, after reaching 30% battery, it drained in about 2 hours...dead flat!! Now, the battery does not seem to last 6 hours!! I have nothing turned on except Bluetooth (but I turn off the BT on my Mobile phone except when I want to synch...about 2 times a day)...what gives...I see there is no solution on any of the pages and yet this says resolved?

Astronaut

Have the same issue after the update, lucky to get 5-6 hours off of one charge.  HORRIBLE. 

Constellation

Same issue here. Reset the watch, uninstalled all apps that can be uninstalled, turned almost all options off, and still no luck. I charged my watch before going to bed, and in about 7 hours it had 30% left.

OK - I have now got the battery drain under control. I am using "Black Fit" by Lucas Philipp for my watch face now (an old favorite) and turned OFF "Wake Up Gesture". Then I let the battery completly drain and charged it up to 100%. Yesterday I only used 20% of the battery (up at 5:00 AM - bed by 10:00 PM). Hope the trend continues.

Constellation

This has not been solved. Samsung obviously has not read this forum. My battery is draining in a day after the update. It used to last 3 days with good use. I am using only stock watch face and apps that were already on there.

Samsung open this forum back up. Switching the watch face to a private face and turning off wake is not a fix.

Hello  usersLANJuXN5C

Bear in mind that I do not represent Samsung. I am just offering my suggestions for how my device was fixed. I'm sorry your issue has not been resolved. I'm now going on day #3 without a charge after making the changes noted earlier. Hope you find a rolution.

Constellation

Hi - thanks for the comment about letting the battery drain completely.  That's definitely fixed my battery drain problem!!  I did apply the different face as well, but prefer my original one (I use a fairly simple analogue one that just shows a clock face and the step count underneath) so reverted to that.  

However, i did let the battery drain right down.  I then charged it fully, and since then it's lasting me up to two days per charge.  Excellent - thank you Rusty!