Gear Fit 2 battery drain

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Gear Fit 2 battery drain

Hi - I forgot to say as well - I also switch off 'auto HR' and switch on 'power saving' when I get into bed.  I switch both back on when I wake up but I don't need to use either of them while I'm asleep!

usertlTWIuCG2H wrote:

Hi - thanks for the comment about letting the battery drain completely.  That's definitely fixed my battery drain problem!!  I did apply the different face as well, but prefer my original one (I use a fairly simple analogue one that just shows a clock face and the step count underneath) so reverted to that.  

However, i did let the battery drain right down.  I then charged it fully, and since then it's lasting me up to two days per charge.  Excellent - thank you Rusty!

Glad I could share my experience and it was helpful to others. I also thank you for sharing YOUR experience which means I'll change back to the color "StoldusW1us" or "InfoPanelAm" watch face.

Astronaut

I'm a few weeks late but my Gear Fit2 used to work for about 2, maybe 3 days if I was lucky, without a charge. Now I'm charging it every single day. My last full charge was 6pm yesterday. It's 744pm and I haven't done any extreme workouts, no wifi connected, no notifications, no alerts, no higher than 3 on the brightness regardless of sunlight, no extra apps, no vibrations, literally nothing but my step counter is on it and the bluetooth connected and it's at 9%. This is crap.

Constellation

I turned off the connect wifi, but how do i turn off location?

Astronaut

Found I was having this issue after the new update, battery was lasting about 5 hours. Did a factory reset on the device and set it all up again, so far the battery is at 90% after 9 hours (using a battery saver watch face, no vibrations, all connections off, heart rate and auto tracking on)  Hope this helps! 

Astronaut

Go to settings, connections, scroll down to the bottom, you should see the 'location' option, go into it and click on 'GPS' so there is no blue dot. Hope this helps! 

Asteroid

Unfortunately, the Gear Fit 2 is simply not a good fitness band, as the battery is simply inadequate. With Location and WiFi off but while listening to music, the device dies in less than two hours of running, leaving the remaining workout without music, just when one needs it the most. That might work for casual runners, but for anyone who bought it for long distance running, it's useless. In fast, as one can't even use the map feature or get a fair estimate of distance because the GPS will kill the battery very quickly, the device barely has any function other than being a sci-fi prop for a Halloween costume.

I'm disappointed. When I bought this six months ago, I thought I'd found a great wearable solution, but now, I'm switching back to my old Ipod nano which while lacking accuracy, at least provided me with more than enough hours of music to complete long runs.

Conclusion: fine for a quick gym workout but little else.

Constellation

This is marked as a solution.  It is not a solution!  It has been months since the update that ruined battery life!  Samsung, please fix the bug for a REAL solution!

Constellation

Totally agreed that the issues posted in thread 63937 are not solved. Like to add my piece. What kind of fitness wear tech prone to switching battery saving mode after exercising for less than one hour at bare minimum setting (screen brightness - 2 even though you can hardly see anything on the screen and on bluetooth connection only). I did not even switch on gps knowing it will drain the battery even faster despite it is one of the kill arse function I bought this watch for.  Totally disappointed that its taking so long for a solution (its been more than 8 months) and Samsung is hanging some of your loyal customers like myself dry. We DO NOT ACCEPT the SO CALLED SOLUTION until we see improvement. 

Model number - SM-R360; Software version - R360XXU1DQE6; Serial number - R5AH703DM1Z; Connected to Samsung S7

Astronaut

I have the same problem. Mine has been dying every day. I can't even finish a day without charging it.