Gear Fit 2 battery drain

SOLVED
Astronaut

Re: Gear Fit 2 battery drain

I have that problem as well for a couple of days now. I didn't update anything or changed settings or whatsoever, but the gear does not last a workday anymore at all. I charged it overnight and am using it now for less than 7 hours and it complains that the battery is almost empty. WiFi is disabled all the time anyways because I do not have a reason to use it, I disabled GPS as well.

I kind of have the feeling that the battery life has become worse sind the weather app was added, which I cannot uninstall as well to check this.

Constellation

On July 14th, 2017 Rusty made the comment that if you let the battery completely die and then fully recharge it, it fixes the problem. I am going to try that tonight.  Good luck, because I agree, this ridiculous. Four hours at work now and already dead

Astronaut

Constellation

It worked!!!     \0/

Halo

Still ok? Mine is < month old and I am losing 10% per hour and even 15-20% overnight.

Constellation

Dear Samsung Support,

Is anyone reading reading this post/issue and someone is working to solve this battery drain problem?

This forum started in January and it is now middle of September and absolutely NO feedback/update from Samsung?

What kind of customer support/service organization are you running? Who is in charge/responsible?

Once again, Samsung's moderator's initial response was a total disappointment (a Joke at best).

• WHY DO WE/USERS HAVE TO TURN OFF ALL THE USUFUL FUNCTIONS WE USED TO USE THAT DIDN'T CAUSED THE BATTERY DRAIN BEFORE AN S/W UPDATE?
  • WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF USING SAMSUNG GEAR FIT 2 IF WE CAN NOT USE ALL THOSE FUNCTIONS AND THE BATTERY STILL DRAINS OUT IS LESS THAN A DAY?
  • NO RESPONSE/FIX AFTER 9 MONTHS OF CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS?

SAMSUNG, we simply wants an answer/fix - should NOT take 9 month to figure this out for the Mighty Samsung!

Astronaut

I have found that the watch seems to reach some sort of critical memory issue after more than 2 weeks use where the battery starts to drain and watch gets less responsive. What I do is first fully charge it, then do a full reset and I find this always fixes it for another few weeks until the memory clogs up again. Once the battery starts to drain it almost fully discharges after 1 day to like 15%. But after reset it will again behave discharging to about 70% after 1 day.

Astronaut

My battery issues started after the last upgrade. So, I reset it and left only notifications and GPS on. I think the new weather app looks for the location and, with the GPS off, it keeps looking. Someone try to turn the GPS on and let us know if helped.
Constellation

I can barely make it through the night. I charge before going to bed and when I wake up I'm at 10%. I then need to charge twice during the day. 

The thing spends more time on the charger than it does on my wrist. 

I went from a fitbit that lasted a week to this. Pretty disapointing. 

Constellation

same issue here. any progress or solution so far?