Gear Fit 2 battery drain

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Gear Fit 2 battery drain

i just downgraded. thanks for the instructions

but i cant use spotify anymore. cant samsung just fix their crappy firmware?

i like how the moderator only says "glad you fixed it,.... blablabla"

how about you go and ask the engineers to correct the newest firmware?

Asteroid

Well, this has to be a temporary fix.

A new update is coming:

www.androidcentral.com/samsung-gear-fit-2-update-brings-continuous-heart-rate-monitoring

Until then, we have to wait.

I'll try to mess up with weather app in APE4 firmware this weekend. It seems it's the only thing that is different from the latest update, I'll post results later.

Asteroid

userFgdV4Anp24 wrote:

i just downgraded. thanks for the instructions

but i cant use spotify anymore. cant samsung just fix their crappy firmware?

i like how the moderator only says "glad you fixed it,.... blablabla"

how about you go and ask the engineers to correct the newest firmware?

Glad to help. 

There is a way around it. Make a list in Spotify, start playing on your phone, then you can use next and previous controls in the gear fit 2 music app

Sadly i couldn't test the weather app this weekend. Have to try it next one.

Constellation

xda to the rescue as usual, I'm fairly certain these companies put out crap firmware without checking anything, wait a little bit, got to xda and get the fixed update and re-release
Asteroid

Sadly I couldn't test the weather app before the new R360XXU1DQJ3 came out but have to say, this new update brings back battery life.

Asteroid

What's the real solution to this problem? I cant even run a full marathon with my fit2. At least point us to the real solution.

Constellation

Exactly the same. 70% last night and dead in the morning
Asteroid

Either install R360XXU1APE4 or R360XXU1DQJ3 firmwares.

Both don't have battery issues.

Hopefully Samsung releases the files by themselves so we can fix this on our own.

Constellation

It happened exactly the same for me in the first night after I bought it. Than the next night I turned it off and on in the morning. It was still at 70%. Now I am in the second day at 5 pm and still have 50% left. I have wifi and Bluetooth on and GPS off. Apparently the heart rate monitor is draining the battery overnight even if you don't wear it. Mine is set to frequent. 

Constellation

I recently purchased Samsung Gear Fit 2 and I though i did a right choice but its just 1 day since i bought and it started showing battery issues.

1. Its hard to connect with an iPhone

2. I just had a joker face on it and then it died after few hours.

If i have to turn off all those settings then what's the point having those features in the watch? I mean to save you gas you can't take off the weight (or ask you friend to get off) from the car.

SAMSUNG - YOU LISTENINING ME. YOU GEAR SUCKS !! THE HELL WITH BATTERY LIFE.