Gear I Icon X 2018. Cannot disable fitness tracker.

Cosmic Ray

Gear I Icon X 2018. Cannot disable fitness tracker.

So I bought these ear buds for their ability to play music without Bluetooth for work. I also got them for the ambient sound function. I have read indtructioin to hold ear piece to list commands. The issue is it always just goes to fitness. I get stuck in fitness and I have to keep retrying till I end up back on all tracks. I don't want fitness tracker on either bud. I do not need it or want it. I do want ambient sound. But it is a gamble to try cause I get stuck in fitness on or off holding ear bud .

See more topics labeled with:

5 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear I Icon X 2018. Cannot disable fitness tracker.

Once an activity has been engaged for more than 10 minutes while wearing the earbuds, they automatically recognize and record the exercise information.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Still haven't broken the steps for disabling the feature on the device 

Samsung Moderator

@ usernwLZz6ngeZSince the way to "start a workout" and to place the earbuds into "ambient mode" are the same (touching and holding the touchpad) I would recommend using the steps in the link below to start the ambient mode from the phone. They should stay in ambient mode even when you leave the range of the bluetooth connection. 

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=666641&modelname=&mo...

Constellation

That is a comically terrible design. It falls under the "it's a feature, not a bug" category it is so bad. The number of times I have accidentally triggered a workout is stupid .

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Absolutely agree. Fix this cra p Samsung.  "Exercise" in settings in Samsung Wearable app is grayed out and it still triggers this exercise with voice coaching cra p.

Stop this nonsense.  Get it fixed.  No one understands how this feature is supposed to work.