Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

Constellation

Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

Hi team,

I was using my Gear IconX 2018 on a walk today and after about 5 minutes of walking and listening to music, there was a beeping sound in the left ear piece that went off every 4-10 seconds. It would be different everytime. I touched the ear piece to pause the music and the beeping continued after the music was paused. After standing still for another 40 seconds, the beeping stopped. Then I played my music again and continued to walk, and after 1 minute the beeping started again.

This is very frustrating and I haven't experienced this when I have been sitting at my desk or in bed listening to the ear piceces for hours. Maybe it has something to do with walking/working out while they are being used? Nevertheless, I dislike this very much and hopefully there is a solution. 

Thanks

141 REPLIES
Supernova

Re: Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

Hi @userdBirMS3JsX That's certainly odd. Are both of your earbuds completely charged? What troubleshooting have you tried so far, if any?

Supernova

Hello again @userdBirMS3JsX  I was reaching out to see if I could still be of assistance with your Gear Icon X devices. Please let me know, I would truly like to help.

Constellation

I am having the same problem when I am out for long walk.  Get contant beeping and it interrupts what I am listening to and I have to hit play over and over again everytime the beeping happens.  After I hit play, some time goes by and it beeps again and it stops what I was listening to again I have to hit play again.  This happens continuously during long walks.  At first I thought the beeping was a notification sound for something, but when I check the phone (Galaxy S7 Edge) there are no new notifications to account for the beeping. 

Constellation

I am having the same problem when I am out for long walk.  Get contant beeping and it interrupts what I am listening to and I have to hit play over and over again everytime the beeping happens.  After I hit play, some time goes by and it beeps again and it stops what I was listening to again I have to hit play again.  This happens continuously during long walks.  At first I thought the beeping was a notification sound for something, but when I check the phone (Galaxy S7 Edge) there are no new notifications to account for the beeping. 

Constellation

I also have the same problem when connected to my tablet (Asus Zenpad 3S 10).

Andy

Supernova

Hey everyone, I just wanted to drop in and check on a few things. Is this happening in both ear pieces? Have you had a moment to check for debris or blockage on the ear buds? Lastly, is the Gear Manager and the device up to date?

Constellation

I am having the same issue. It is the beep from when the proximity sensor goes off. It keeps beeping every turn of my head. All updates installed. Sound comes through fine, but ambient sound will not work because it does not recognize both buds in ear. It is as if the proximity keeps turning on and off. Also tried all different earbud sizes.

Astronaut

I'm having the same issue. Any solutions?

Supernova

Hey there @userOcijdPyx4U Would you mind answering a few questions for me:

Is this happening in both ear pieces? Have you had a moment to check for debris or blockage on the ear buds? Lastly, is the Gear Manager and the device up to date?