Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

Constellation

Re: Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

Good news! 

I found out. First of all "beep" is not the right word to describe that sound. It is more like a disconnection or unsuccesfull connection "notification" sound. This sound can be eliminated when the earplugs perfectly "plug" in your ears. If they are or one of them is loosely placed in your ear it keeps on making that annoying sound and might even stop playing the media. My suggestion is try all the alternatives that come in the box. My ear is very very small and even I found my right combination and now the earplugs fit perfectly in my ears. No more sound. FinallySmiley Happy

Red Giant

@userElGrba8Afz

Well I am happy that you were able to resolve that concern. You have w wonderful rest of your day!

Asteroid

First time using my 2018 Icon x. In the sauna after 5-10 minutes. Started getting a beeping in right ear. Then started happening in left.

These are too sensitive. My Bragi Headphones worked fine in the sauna for 20-30+ minutes without issue.

This needs to be removed in an update. Super annoying. Trying to relax and get beeping with a little heat.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I hope this (fitting properly) is my problem. I just got them on Friday, and only really wore them for the first time today. I was walking from my car to the office and they kept doing the "dinging" and my audio would keep stopping (and when it was working, the sound seemed to keep bouncing from one earbud to the other). I'm still not 100% sure on how to get them to fit the best, but at least I can play around with them when I get home and try!

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

I've been having the same problem since I got these in January. I just realized in the last few weeks it's a disconnect/re-connect "chime." The problem is, it happens continuously. It's so annoying, I barely use my $200 headphones; which is also annoying. I've tried all combinations of ear gels and fins. Nothing solved this problem, but some of the gels and fins are uncomfortable it painful, so even if those solved the problem if the disconnecting, it wouldn't be a solution.

EDIT: I realized that there is no way to disable the proximity sensor because that is how it knows it's in your ear or not.  With mine, this only happens with my right ear, so I am starting to think mine are defective and that it has nothing to do with how the proximity sensor is designed to work.

Constellation

I'm almost sure this happens in sunlight. The in ear sensors use IR and bright sunlight hitting the earpieces just right make it think it's going in/out of the ear again. 

Constellation

Hello- I'm having the same issue. Whether I'm in direct sunlight or in the sauna, both earbuds beap and the unit shuts down shortly after. 

My first generation iconx works fine in the heat. Unfortunately only one earbud works 1 year out of warranty...

This is definitely an overheating issue not the position of the bud in your ear.

Cheers!

Astronaut

I get the beeping also happening only in my left ear while I am hitting golf balls. It is as the headphones got disconnected and then got connected. It didn't happen before but now it is happening every 5-10 seconds. 

Constellation

I am having the same problem. Definitely the proximity sensor because I can adjust them and it reconnects until I start moving again. Tried all the ear gels and fins, no luck. I want to throw these in the trash. Proximity sensors are junk!

Supernova

Hey, @user9vFe0iUfeL and @userjxImxEIfh1, have you both attempted to restart your IconX?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.