Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

Constellation

Re: Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

Ive been getting the same insistent phantom tone. It goes off every four seconds when walking. I purchased these headphones for excercise purposes because the far cheaper bluetooth headphones that are corded had snagged cord issues. But now this problem for far more costlier headphones is downright aggravating..and nothing seems to have solved it so far..I have to keep stopping to readjust them in my ear..hoping that will make it go away. Of course, the tone comes right back, threatening to pause my music..

Astronaut

This is happening to me as well. Whenever I'm outside and hit a patch of sun I get the dreaded "tone" and it pauses music. I noticed it pauses less if both headphones are in, but still get the tone.

Constellation

Getting a replacement sent via Amazon, as my pair with the repetitive tone issues/random pausing of music was becoming too annoying. I'm not too hopeful that the new pair will be the same way, something tells me this is a technical glitch that affects many headphones of the same type.

Constellation

The same thing has been happening to me too. However I dont even have to be moving around for it to happen.

I could be laying on my bed watching some videos on youtube and then the beeping episodes would occur continuously pausing my video that I am watching as a result. Super annoying. Happens only with the left bud.

The proximity sensor is clean and it is in as tight and snug as it can be, but it just keeps happening.

I've tried many different combinations of wingtips and bud sizes to see if it would fix the issue, but still no luck.

For $200, you'd expect these to work perfectly out of the box.

Hopefully this is just a software issue that will be fixed in the near future.

Constellation

I am also here because I am experiencing the issue. Not sure what I think will happen since the reps offer no help.

Anyone else have any new troubleshooting ideas?

Constellation

Same issue is happening to me. This is the second time using these earbuds..  

Supernova

Hey, @user4zioCRMS92, thanks for reaching out. Have you t...

Hey, @user4zioCRMS92, thanks for reaching out. Have you tried the troubleshooting step linked to above?

Hey, has everyone attempted to reset their Iconx?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

Re: Hey, @user4zioCRMS92, thanks for reaching out. Have you t...

omg.... 

Hasn't it been said many many times that, that does not help!?

The problem is constant, reset or anything will not help.

And this issue got even worse after the last firmware update.

Constellation

Those troubleshooting steps are very general and I can verify they dont help. Anyways, hopefully my replacement pair, coming tomorrow, wont exhibit the same issues this current pair has had.  After nearly falling off of a treadmill the other week, while trying to adjust placement of earphones in my ears, I knew this issue wasnt just a nuiscance but a potential hazard too. 

Constellation

Just received new replacement pair from Amazon and thus far same whooshing sound in either ear bud, leading to inexplicable pauses in music, continues. Other people on various threads here are articulating the very same issue. This is still my trial period and I wish not to have to deal with a defective product, so will give these earbuds another try. The real test will be my gym routine on Saturday.