Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

Supernova

Re: Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

Hey guys, can I get a little more information?

• Does the beep occur in the main earbud?
  • What type of phone are you connecting?
  • Does the beep occur if they are not connected to a phone?
  • What is the current Software Version installed? 
Constellation

It happens only on the left ear for me.

Constellation

Happens with the Samsung Galaxy 7 and stand alone.  

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I've had mine for a month. 100% sure this is a proximity sensor issue with my left ear. I'm only using them to play from the on board storage. Futzing with the positioning of the left bud will worsen/lessen the frequency of the tone but I can not eliminate it. I sweat when I run, and that means they're going to slip around a little bit. Pretty sure I can't change the shape of my ear or make myself stop sweating when I run.

Samsung's failure to acknowledge/own the issue here is really disappointing.

Edit: firmware r140xxuarc7

Asteroid

Like everyone else in this thread, the left earbud on my gear iconx 2018 keeps beeping and won't stay connected. When I look at the Samsung gear app, the app says I only have the right earbud in. Ambient mode is grayed out because the app thinks I only have one earbud in.

This problem has been happening ever since the r140xxuarc7 firmware update. I did not have this problem before that firmware update. Samsung needs to acknowledge this problem and fix it. I've been waiting over two months now for a solution. This is not acceptable. Samsung needs to support their products better.

Samsung Moderator

Just to double check, is your software up to date?

Constellation

Same thing here, it makes a quick low hum when I play music from time to time, and always makes that annoying hum when I'm in the sunlight as well. Sometimes it turns off the ambient sound, which is a feature I really admire.

Asteroid

Yes, software is up to date according to the gear app. I posted the current firmware version in my reply above .

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Same thing happens to me on a Samsung S9+  constant beeping and won't allow for bluetooth phone calls   I can use any other bluetooth device for calls but for $149 one would think it would surpass a $19.95 earpiece.  I've been on the phone with Samsung once a week for the past 7 weeks   I was promised to receive a new pair 4 weeks ago  and nothing.  I will be in touch with my credit card company next to cancel payment on the phone and iconx  I purchased them direct from Samsung.

However this is my third device from Samsung and support is the worse   I have a blu ray player that won't work  an S3 Tablet that is flaky and now iconX   I just bought a 70" Sony TV   Samsung won't see another dime from me   

Samsung Moderator

Give this link a try.