Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

Asteroid

Re: Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

@SamsungLarry wrote:

Give this link a try. 

Hi SamsungLarry. I've definitely tried all of these things. The headphones are clean. The problem started with the last firmware update and is only in the left ear.

Instead of posting generic faux solutions, why don't you get a pair of these headphones and figure it out for yourself. Thanks. 

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

This is getting ridiculous...

Samsung mods were incontact with me via private message about this problem. I gave them all the details of this and we made some tests.  Now they start asking the same question from the beginning in the forum.......  

They have all the info here in the thread and from me, from the private conversation, but still they don't do anything..

Sad.. So sad....

Constellation

So I have the same problem with my IconXs and it only started more recently. 

I've had the 2018 Icon Xs since December and in the last 2-3months the left ear will disconnect and pause almost immediately upon being in direct sunlight. 

This is easy to test as I work in a building and the left ear will be fine for 99% of the time, but then as soon as I go to take out the garbage in the afternoon, I instantly start getting rapid frequent disconnects. 

This only happens in the left ear, my current work around is to only wear the right ear bud when I know I'll be outside, but this is kind of rediculous . 

I am using a Note 8 and on the newest gear updates. 

Samsung Moderator

Open the Samsung Gear App> Settings> Abou Gear> Update Gear software(R140XXUARC1). If the software is up to date, on the phone navigate to Apps > My Files> Internal storage> From My Files, touch More Options (3 vertical dots) > Settings > Show hidden files. Search and delete the following folders. 

• fake_service
  • go_to_gearworld
  • go_to_cassiopeia.test

Please let me know if this is helpful.

Constellation

No, not helpful. I have latest Gear software (R140XXUARC7) and have no any of the folders you mentioned in my storage. The problem with the left ear bud still exists and as frequent as the other users here.

Samsung Moderator

Asteroid

@SamsungJace wrote:

Thank you for the feedback. Do you mind giving this a shot? http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=666641&modelname=SM-...

That did not work either.

Ambient mode is grayed out because the earbud is not recognized when its in my ear anymore. If i jam it into my ear, it'll beep, but after a few seconds, the earbud will act as if its not in my ear. In other words, if i wear it normally like the right earbud, the left earbud is not recognized in my ear. I believe the problem is with whatever the firmware update caused to the proximity sensor in the left earbud.

And the earbud is clean. The left earbud is as clean as the right earbud. The right earbud works fine. The left does not.

Everyone in this thread is saying the left earbud is a problem. This problem started with the last firmware update. All signs indicate that this is a firmware problem. I REPEAT... this is a FIRMWARE PROBLEM. PLEASE FIX and stop posting nonsense links to various random troubleshooting pages. TALK TO THE SOFTWARE TEAM. SUPPORT YOUR $150-$200 product.

Constellation

I agree this last update messed my gear up. They disconnect while in my ear, because the headset thinks i took them out. Sometimes play while sitting in the gas, and volume issue. Time to go back to my other brand..

Constellation

The Samsung posters might as well be bots. People post firmware versions and they're immediately responding, "latest firmware though?". .. They haven't helped anyone or acknowledged possible issues or resolutions here in weeks. 

Give us a way to disable proximity alerts (or delay intervals) once the buds are synced and playing (until they're put back in their charger). Give us an ETA for next firmware updates. 

Asteroid

@userJqSYT8fYCm wrote:

The Samsung posters might as well be bots. People post firmware versions and they're immediately responding, "latest firmware though?". .. They haven't helped anyone or acknowledged possible issues or resolutions here in weeks. 

Give us a way to disable proximity alerts (or delay intervals) once the buds are synced and playing (until they're put back in their charger). Give us an ETA for next firmware updates. 

^^^ THIS!