Gear S plugin keeps stopping. S7

Highlighted
Constellation

Gear S plugin keeps stopping. S7

I have recently purchased the new gear sport watch. ever since adding it to my phone, i keep getting an error message saying "Gear S plugin keeps stopping". also when i get that message my phone seems to freeze for a moment, then it works again. i Don't know if there is a bug with the new watch, or the gear software. i have deleted and reinstalled the gear software. i have deleted and reinstalled my watch. i Don't know what to do. if i can't fix this i am considering sending the watch back and just go back too using my S2 watch. is didn't have this issue with that one.
5 REPLIES
Constellation

text notification not showing up on gear sport

using textra texting app. but the notifications dont pop up on watch. made sure that the app is checked in the notification area of watch settings. can't use the original text app that comes with the phone because i keep getting "Gear s plugin keeps stopping ". But if i use textra i don't get the errors but i also don't get the notifications.
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear S plugin keeps stopping. S7

I completely understand @userS8vfmMnE9j Would you mind sharing with me what the model number and Baseband version are for your Gear S as well as for the device that it's paired to? Have you previously been able to pair the Gear to your phone with no issue?

Constellation

My phone is a S7 edge.  Sm-g935v G935vvrs4bqi1 My watch is the gear sport. Can't find the baseband for the watch.  before i purchased the gear sport, i had a gear s2, has no issues with it at all.
Samsung Moderator

Hi @userS8vfmMnE9j Thanks for providing me with that information. I do see that your SM-G935V is in need of an update since Verizon rolled out an update on the first of November. I would recommend going to Settings > Apps > Updates > Check for Updates to push it manually or going to Verizon's website to use their Software Updating tool.

Constellation

Had the same problem with my note 8 after i installed my new frontier. Try this:

Go to settings/apps/gear s plug in/force stop(multiple times)/storage/clear data and cache(make sure data=0bites) until u can't click on it/restart phone. After that Samsung gear will ask for permissions. Allow all permissions. Restar ur frontier. That worked for me . Good luck - rapl74