Gear S2 Latest update keeps turning on while charging

Constellation

Re: Gear S2 Latest update keeps turning on while charging

I had the same watch face prior to the update with no battery drain and no screen coming on while charging.  I am betting it is the update.  Even wasted my time doing a Factory reset.  Why won't Samsung address this?

Constellation

I would say, try the watch face I listed above. If after second charge, the problem is still happeneing, then I am wrong. But I really think something in certain watch face coding is causing this situation to pop up even when the watch is off and you are charging. Give it a shot. At this point, what do you have to loose?

Constellation

Or could it be that the software is now more responsive to what it thinks is a removal from the dock?

I'm not saying the software doesn't play into it, but I'm still willing to bet there is hardware at play.

Any software can be written to ignore a .5 second gap in charging.  I think they probably removed it and are realizing a bigger issue here.

Constellation

I just wanted to update the thread with some interesting news: The problem seems to have mysteriously gone away for me. For the past week now, my watch screen no longer wakes up every few seconds. As far as I can tell, the screen stays off until I remove the watch from the charger.

I have no idea why this is happening. I didn't change anything on my watch, and the software hasn't been updated, that I know of. It remains to be seen how long this lasts.

Constellation

I have to agree with "bedoe".  My screen isn't coming on in the charger wither, but I still notice my battery is down to 45% when I get home instead of it's usual 75%.

Honored Contributor

.....what?

Can anyone else from this thread confirm that this is now working correctly? I wonder if perhaps there was something that was able to be adjusted server side, since this is how it could have been updated without prompting an update for ya'll.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

No the issue is still there.  I think I found a turnaround.  When I use the charger in Horizontal position, with Watch Faceup, the screen turning on and off just disapear and it charges normally and faster.  Just use a round "double sided" adhesive, stick the charger on a wall with the "charging surface" facing up, put your phone on it and peace .... I think the watches are tired and need to go to bed at night, but can't sleep on their side .... So Moderator tell your team about it ... My 2.5cts

Honored Contributor

Thank you for that. I'm going to make sure to word it just like that as well because it made me chuckle. I'm also going to test it out with some of the few devices we have here, even though I was never able to repro anything.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

[ Edited ]

For me it's working perfectly ... I tried almost everything from resetting the watch, disable/forcestop/uninstall/connecttodifferentphones ... you name it. Until 2 days ago I turned the charger in the horizontal position ... then ... <insert cricket sound here> ... nada, no turning on and off. Put the charger back in "normal" position, boom the nightmare ... So I just give my phone a nice bed, so both of us can sleep peacefully at night

Constellation

this solution helped me too. right away as a matter of fact. I have not had the battery drain like others reported but it did charge more quickly when it is laying flat.