Gear S2 - Swipe from Right to Left? Huh?

Highlighted

Gear S2 - Swipe from Right to Left? Huh?

Have this annoying thing and I cannot find how to change it.  I understand all my commands and how to adjust and change them EXCEPT ONE.  When I swipe from right to left it pops up a screen to call or email my primary contact in my contact favorites.  I do not want to accidentally call (or email) them so how do I change what this swipe does or at the least, make sure it does not accidentally call them.  Searched online and cannot find anything about swiping right to left.

How do you change this????

6 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear S2 - Swipe from Right to Left? Huh?

Hello there, @infinitempg

Try opening your Gear Manager app on your phone and going to Samsung Gear>Settings>Send SOS messages. Make sure that is turned off. It also sounds a bit like the app 'Buddy'. That allows you to call or message a favored contact quickly. You may want to either disable that app in the Gear Manager or remove the contacts from it. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

[ Edited ]

Didn't have SOS on so that's not it. Don't have Buddy or anything like that installed so that wasn't it. And if I delete this contact I won't have a very happy life at home as she wouldn't take too kindly to that ;O) Any other suggestions?

What does everyone else's S2's do when you swipe right to left?

Okay, okay, I was looking at phone apps for "Buddy" and not Gear S2 apps.  Looks like "Buddy" comes with the program and don't see any way to uninstall or disable it.  I removed ALL my contacts from the Buddy settings menu and it still pulls up my primary contact when I swipe right to left.

Soooooo, since I don't want to take the chance of pocket dialing (watch dialing?) accidentally with this, how do I uninstall, disable or prevent the Buddy app from displaying a contact when I swipe right to left on my watch face???

Samsung Moderator

You should be able to go into the Gear Manager app on your phone and disable the app from there. If that option is grayed out, can you try opening your contacts and making sure that none of them are favorited. No worries, it's just temporary. Go back to your watch and see if that option still appears. Feel free to add back your favorite to that contact and check to see on the watch if it's returned.

In the mean time, Community I open this back up to you! How have you figured out a way around this? Have you ever seen it to start with on your own devices?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

When I go in to the settings for Buddy I can only force stop or uninstall updates, nothing else, and definitely no disable.  I removed all contacts from my Buddy settings so no one shows up there.  But if I swipe right to left I still get a contact show up with the option to call or email.

Constellation

You should be able to move that option to a different position. I have rearranged mine so the ones I don't use much are where I would need to swipe several screens to get to them. Just a thought.