Gear S2 not recognizing voice input

Astronaut

Re: Gear S2 not recognizing voice input

Still no solution?!?! I have the S2 with the exact same issue. Soundbar moves but voice input fails every time!

SM-r720

Tizen 2.3.2.2.

R720xxu2eqc1

Rfagbofbxgw

Constellation

[ Edited ]

As seen in another thread (https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/wearabletech/thread-id/9953/...), the Gear S3, which was suffering from the same problem, received an update this morning. Users who applied the update report that the problem with voice input has been solved.

@the Gear S2?

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue here. S voice app works, but replying by voice in the messaging app or email doesn't work. So frustrating! 

Samsung, can you please tell us Gear 2 users if you're working on this?? We're all about to jump ship. 

Asteroid

I've seen on the S3 version of this thread that they've recently got a fix. Still nothing yet for the S2. Maybe ALL S2 owners should jump up and down on Samsung's social media and shout about the problem. Seems to be what worked for them.

Astronaut

Galaxy S8+

Fully up to date.

Gear S2

Fully up to date

As of today, still no fix from Samsung for our watches, while the S3 has been fixed.

SAMSUNG! PLEASE FIX!

Astronaut

This did not work for me.

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

There is an update out now that fixed the problem. Check for updates on your app. Tizen 2.3.3.2 software R720XXU2EQH1

Constellation

That worked!  What the heck is going on Samsung?  I tried everything the tech support told me to do and this worked.Woman Frustrated

Astronaut

Hi, SamsungGrant,

My problem is the same:  voice input for messaging not working.  Get message "voice input unavailable"  It used to work fine.

Here's my info:

• Model # SM-R720
  • Software R720XXU2EQH1
  • Connecting to S6 Edge

Thanks,

RJE

Cosmic Ray

There is an update rolling out. Use the gear app on your phone to check under About Phone then Update Gear Software and see if it prompts you to update. That is what fixed mine. They may be rolling out out in batches, not all users have been able to see it yet from what I have read