Gear S3 Frontier EAS Pin notification after updating Tizen 3

Highlighted
Constellation

Gear S3 Frontier EAS Pin notification after updating Tizen 3

Anyone else getting the "EAS Pin required to access email account" message? I get the message repeatedly on my watch even though I am not syncing email to the device and I do set a PIN. This seems to be a flaw with update 3 since it wasn't happening prior to.
90 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Frontier EAS Pin notification after updating Tizen 3

I am getting the same thing as well and I don't have an email to the watch. I also keep getting the "gear s plugin keeps stopping" popup on my phone. I have a galaxy s8+. It is so annoying.

Astronaut

I'm getting both of those notifications...cant find a link to show how to fix the issues...it is annoying...please fix

Constellation

There is nothing so far. I sure as hell ain't resetting my gear s3. Hopefully they update again soon to fix the issue.

Constellation

I'm getting the same thing. Bought the Gear S3 last week and sync email with work (Exchange Active Sync). Phone is a Galaxy S8. Once I type in a PIN 3 times I can view my emails. 

Constellation

I resety watch and it's still doing the same thing. I think it's a big in Tizen 3 update. Plus battery life took a major hit with the update. Samsung isn't doing so great on new releases to software.
Constellation

Exact Same thing here, bout ready to switch to Apple

Constellation

Been doing this for about a week now since the last update and it is really annoying, my frontier also keeps disconnecting from my phone even though I am right here next to it. 

Constellation

I'm getting it too since the update - have to type a pin then new pin twice - very annoying

Constellation

I am also getting this issue on my Gear Sport running Tizen 3. Factory resetting doesn't fix it. The only email app on my S8 is Gmail. Rebooting the watch once a day seems to keep the popup away. I hope Samsung can release a patch soon that fixes this. This bug is really annoying and hurting my love for my watch