Gear S3 Frontier EAS Pin notification after updating Tizen 3

Astronaut

Re: Gear S3 Frontier EAS Pin notification after updating Tizen 3

Since the update, I CONSTANTLY get reminded to set up the PIN. Like every 5 minutes. I finally set it up to shut the phone up,  but it's STILL asking me to set it up,  so the PIN isn't even working. 

Also, plug in doesn't work any more. I get notified constantly about that on my phone. 

I have s3 classic and s8

Good news is my watch no longer thinks I'm riding  a bike every time I get in a car!

Constellation

Gear S3 Frontier and S8+, same problem and as others have posted, choosing a pin doesn't help. 

Asteroid

I'm getting the same 12. 4. 17

Astronaut

I am getting it constantly. I tried factory reset, good for a day, then the message again.

Constellation

I called them about my watch as well on Friday only to be spoken to as if I was an illiterate imbecile. I tried to explain to the fella on the other end of the phone that It wasn't doing any of this before the update and i had to do a complete hard reset on the phone when after I got it because it was acting crazy. He continued to ask me how did I do a hard reset, i told him that I uninstalled everything and started over from scratch then he ask again but how did you do it. so i walked him step by step into the process of doing hard reset and he ask yet again are you sure that you done a hard reset. finally I just said stop im getting off the phone with you because we are getting no where. ABSOLUTE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM SAMSUNG. Been faithful to the brand for a very long time but I am on my last samsung products.  

Constellation

Yep me, too. I get that at least 3 times a day.

That and the way they screwed up all icons and made the assorted workouts have to be accessed through the samsung health app... I mean, yes I really want to go through 5 steps to get to my workout while I'm preparing to workout...

this entire update is just lame.

Constellation

Been there done that. They are the worst. ever ask a question through the app? My gawd they are useless!

Asteroid

I am getting it. And I'm tired of it. Samsung needs to get their **bleep** together.

Constellation

Gear S3 Frontier EAS Pin notification after updating Tizen 3

Yes, I have the same issue as everyone here, s3 on g7. I hope a patch is done soon, disappointing.
Highlighted
Astronaut

S8 (on oreo beta) with Gear 3 Frontier - same issue here. Renders the bloody thing useless.