Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

8% per hour drain. Can't get a full day out of it anymore where I use to get 2+ days!

Constellation

The same problem here. The battery can't last even withing the day.

Epic fail from Samsung.

Don't they test this staff before they get Public???

Constellation

I have had no battery issues since upgrading to 3.0.  My battery life is about the same as before the tizen upgrade.  I have had my watch for about 10 months and a full charge lasts between 36 and 48 hours.  

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I too have had no battery issues since upgrading to Tizen 3.0

A small group of people post that their battery life has been reduced adter the update and you're ready to declare that the update "makes battery life so much worse". If this were true you would be seeing a lot more complaints here about it. Are you sure you didn't do something like enable the new continuous heart rate measurement feature?

Cosmic Ray

No continuous heart rate!  Tizen 3.0 update on Gear 3 Frontier increased the battery use significantly.   As simple as that!

Asteroid

Guys..

I did a reset device on my samsung gear s3 and noticed that the battery usage for samsung health drop from 45% to 3 %.

Check this out.

https://www.tizenexperts.com/2017/11/might-want-factory-reset-gear-s3-value-pack-update/

Looks like a solution

Constellation

[ Edited ]

A small group of people post that their battery life has been reduced adter the update and you're ready to declare that the update "makes battery life so much worse". If this were true you would be seeing a lot more complaints here about it. Are you sure you didn't do something like enable the new continuous heart rate measurement feature?

Heartrate is shut off completely

It has nothing to do with testing. This was done on purpose to push people to the new Gear. Im gonna root mine and put tizen 2 on it and they can suck it. This was my last Samsung product.

Its not the first time they did this... every phone in the S serie i bought, misteriously got a batterydrain of 50~100% after the last update when a new phone in that serie was released.

Like i said.... its getting to obvious. 

Gear s3 is now using 11% battery in 2 hours.  So that less then 24 hours... Before the update it lasted 2 days easily.

When contacting samsung the only thing they say is " pleas reset your device to factory default" wich has obviously nothing to do with the problem. Its just programmed in the software.

Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

went from 33% a day to about 25%. check through the settings and close up all the things that you won't be making use of. 3.0 update has much better battery optimization, you're just doing it wrong.
Constellation

Not sure how the battery life was before the update because I jsut bought the watch and it updated to 3.0 right away. However, the first full charge lasted about 50 hours (10% remaining actually), with continuous HR on, some notifs and NO AOD.  The first day semeed to go down super fast. about 55% in the first 24 hours. Then I rebooted the watch..and lost about 35-40% in the next 24 hours. Defintely draining a lot slower now after the reboot. Try that and it might help. 

Constellation

Same here, rebooted the watch, kept only standard apps, turned off all unnecessary settings like continuous heartrate measuring. Makes no difference still using lots more battery. Is there a way to return to tizen 2, which was way better!