Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Cosmic Ray

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Reboot/Turn Off/ Reset to factory.  Result 22% battery drain in about 14 hours from full charge, with no permanent watch display on no GPS, no WIFI  no heart rate, low vibration, etc. That means about 43% a day.  I used to get 20% battery drain A DAY UNDER IDENTICAL SETTINS.  Battery drain 1.8 times more in Tizen 3 vs Tizen 2 and that is a fact (on my Gear S3 Frontier)

Astronaut

Yes. It happened today, in 5 hours I lost 90 % of the battery. I updated yesterday. Watch says that weather app sucked 25% of that 90% .. hope they fix it otherwise it's not usable watch and will ask for refund 1 year after purchase. Spain. 

Constellation

After the update to Tizen 3.0, there was an update to the Weather app available. Have you installed that update?

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

Yes, Weather app updated and S Health as well to bring them up to the Tizen 3.0 compatibility.  Anything else to help everyone else to bring the battery use to an expected and normal use?

Asteroid

Are you using AOD? I turned it off and have seen a 12x+ improvement in battery life. Not the long-term solution I want, but at least a bandaid for now.

Cosmic Ray

Never used AOD either with Tizen 2 or Tizen 3. Using everything at a minimum and the battery drains like never before. Absolutely and entirely attributable to the latest update.
Asteroid

Have you checked the Samsung Gear app to see what apps are using battery?

Constellation

I am using AOD, and before the update with the same settings the watch lasted almost two days, and now it drains 20% per hour, I can not get it true a work day without charging, and it is become useless to me. 

I sincerely hope Samsung is going to fix this soon.

This kind of mistake just shouldn't happen by their best wearable product on the market, and if they have to fix it quickly, otherwise people will lose confidence in their products. 

Constellation

Samsung don't care about stuff like that.

I would be amazed if they bother to fix it.  If they cared, they wouldn't have released it in the first place.

All the marketing advertises an improvement in battery life.  That is just repeated in reviews and articles etc.  That will get them new customers.  They don't care about existing users of the S3 complaining on a forum hardly anyone reads.

Constellation