Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Well, aside the first day after to have updated tizen OS with an abnormal battery consumption, it seems that now the battery consumption has returned to normality...

Before the update, with my standard usage, the ratio between the battery consumed percent and hours of use oscillated between 1.2 and 1.4Just now I have 52% battery left after 39 hours, so a ratio of 1.23

Simply I have updated the apps, turned off the device and charged it from off to 100%.

I'll see in the next days if this battery drain ratio remain confirmed...

Constellation

I have found that if I charge it overnight, the watch charges to full as normal, but then stops taking charge and proceeds to drain through the night. I put mine on charge on Friday night at 8pm and it was at 50%. at 0700 on sat morning it was at 75%, but I know it charged to full as it lit up at around 10pm and I checked it and found it at 99%.

This has happened every night since the update on Wednesday night. Had to do a factory reset this morning in the hope of fixing it, but found that back-up and Restore are pretty useless as apps I delted previously have returned, and apps I had as shortcuts are no longer there.

Astronaut

battery is draining like hell on my frontier and the update politic in general. i don't get it. it's every time the same s**t with samsung devices: 1st - you wait months or even a year for an update or you never get one; 2nd the updates never work out of the box, u have always have to delete something, to reset or to reinstall or to perform a update dance at full moon for the spaghetti monster. man i'am so bored of this behaviour, i have note phone, a tv, a blue-ray player. the only update ever worked without problems was on my wash-machine, because i had never done one, this was definitely my last samsung device.
Constellation

I did a full reset after the update, and it hasn't helped at all. Watch is now draining 8% per hour with AOD off.

-Shame on you Samsung..

Fix plz, FAST

Norway

-T

Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

unfortunately same here. after update I Immediately noticed huge drain in battery life. even after 2 factory resets, and not restoring from a backup. changed all settings and still same. takes longer to charge now. when looking at battery usage, it's s-health app doing the damage. (or it's an internal issue due to update) I can barely make it through the day now, and that's with everything disabled on the s-health app. I hope Samsung fixes this asap. I love the new layout, and "features" but would rather roll back to precious version to get battery life back.
Astronaut

I have the same problem.. even i reset my gear but still lots of battery drain..i always charge my gear early morning and it always used have 75-78 precent battery. but now a days im getting 56-65 precent battery left early morning...

Cosmic Ray

Among many other tries, I did charge to 100% with Gear OFF and after all apps were updated. Now may battery drains 1.9 times faster than it did in Tizen 2.4.2.4. I will repeat again and again and again that under identical circumstances the battery drain is almost twice as bad in Tizen 3 vs Tizen 2.
Constellation

After two days my battery drain normalized, almost as it was before update. I am a havy user and have AOD oaways turned on, and as before the update, I can get a full day of usage, with an hour of training and some 20k steps.

Constellation

Yep I to updated my gears s3 to the latest version 3 and now i can't even get through the day without haveing to charge the thing, It's been an hour and a half this morining and it's downto 80% already, where as it would go for 2 days before easy, a total stuff up from samsung on this one..

Constellation

Not only did I notice more of a battery drain but once I got down to 15%, it asked me to go into Power Saving mode.  I did, and now I'm stuck in PS mode...its terrible!  The watch is just locked and wont do nothing except show the time in grey-scale.  I've rebooted and contacted Samsung - Customer service was excellent and now I have to ship my precious Gear in for repair.  Anyone else experience this?