Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Put me on the list as well. S3 on T3 charged all night. Took it off the charger at 7am, it is now 7:36am, and I have 89% left.

Prior to T3, I would get almost 2 days on a charge with AOD on.

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Astronaut

Hi, I've the same problem as all in this topic. Before Tizen 3.0 I had usually 3 full day of battery life with an avarage of 20/25 % of remaining charge. Now at the third day no more than 10/15%. Sometimes below 10%

And I've to add another bug on the list. Every night since I have my S3, I use to shutdown the Smartwatch.

Now Shuting down as first attempt the system restart automatically without any reason. To shutdown I've to repeat the action.

I think those are very frustrating bugs. 

Cosmic Ray

Just got an email from Samsung ... asking if the posts "solved my problem"  That shows that no one at Samsung reads these posts.  It is a futile attempt to solve problems unless users have answers.  As usual, Samsung NEVER has an answer with a viable solution. What a pitty!

Cosmic Ray

Seems to be much better today after I got the Nov sec patch for my s8+, so may be something to do with the phone having latest patch? Still need to test further though.

Constellation

I've done reboots, resets, uninstalled all apps on phone and then factory reset. Updating and not updating the weather app Nothing is fixing this. And it won't even record steps. I've got all the options turned off that I can (no wifi, no diagnostics, no auto heart rate etc). No reply from Samsung either but that is hardly surprising. Overheating when charging as well unless it is turned off.

It was fully charged after lunch today and only 3 hours later is down to 55%

I really like it when it works but this is ridiculous!

Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

I have dropped 8% in under 30 minutes. Please fix this Samsung. I am a huge advocate of Samsung products and hate being this disappointed and let down with a lack of resolution. It's not like this is isolated to only a couple watches. It is the majority.

Screenshot_20171130-113413.jpgUploaded from community android app.

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

Glad you show your screen because Watch Faces eats 54% of the power. Unless you have display ON all the time, that is a major programming error in Tizen 3.0. I have a similar situation where Watch faces consumes most of the power and I only use the display several times a day and receive less than a dozen messages on screen, a day. I used to have at least 4 days of power and now I have about 2. As I said before I am up 1.8-1.9 times in power use under identical circumstance. That is a fact!

Constellation

Took mine off the charger at 7:30 this morning, it turned itself off at 12:45 as if the battery was dead. I immediately turned it back on. Battery showed 3%. As I'm writing this, it is 2:00 and the watch still shows 3% and hasn't turned itself off again yet.

Something seems wonky with battery % calculation.

-Gear S3 Frontier on Tizen 3.0.1

Cosmic Ray

Since Samsung does not read any of these postings this is an exercise in futility. However, battery drain, battery % reporting or per app reporting seems so far off that I can only conclude Tizen 3.0 is in Alpha stages and it was put forward for us to do all the guessing and for them to elevate it to Beta and maybe, just maybe, to a fully functional OS. Based on my past experience with Samsung I would not put too much hope in a better product (OS), any time soon.