Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

This is a HUGE problem... Prior to the update, my watch lasted about 2 days with the always on display and streaming music for my morning workouts. I sleep with the watch on the charging dock and get up at 6:00am to go to the gym with my watch. At 6:30am my watch reads "80% battery".... At 2:00pm it is dead.... I bought this watch specifically because it was known to last for a day or two before needing to be recharged. Whatever the Tizen 3.0 update did to the watch's battery optimization, it needs to be changed because this is ridiculious. For god's sake, a piece of SH*T Apple Watch lasts longer now..... (eye roll). Please fix this, Samsung.

Astronaut

Same here.

A few months ago, there was the same issue after an update and Samsung had patched it within a week or 2. Hopefully the same happens with this one.

I just wonder how much testing they do before releasing an update?

Constellation

same problem here, but something more strange appars to me today "

something like "gear s3 (or battery) must be cooled before charging"

is the first time i see this message. on the other hand, the time for charging it's the double, when it can complete a charging process.

Cosmic Ray

YOU are doing the testing! Latest update hardly qualifies for an Alpha stage.
Constellation

I have the same issue with my Gear S3 Frontier after the update. It charges really slowly and it gets really hot quickly and then starts discharging with a warning screen. Rebooting or resetting didn't help either.I hope this issue gets fixed.

Constellation

Yes I have downgraded mine to 2.3.2.3 ...   I'll wait to upgrade to 3 ..... After a new update

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I have downgraded mine to 2.3.2.3. This link might be helpful for you: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gear-s3/development/rom-samsung-gear-s3-sm-r760-t3588062

Wifi odin: https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4349431&d=1512156568

Won't update to Tizen 3 until Samsung releases a new update (with the battery drain issue fixed hopefully!)

Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Yes, my gear is pretty new and I noticed the difference immediately. I have to put it on power saving mode just to make sure it lasts while being used for the day.
Constellation

I updated mine today and is the same issue. Battery drain is terrible. Please fix it Samsung

Constellation

Just updated today.  Battery drain is horrible and watch feels warm on my wrist, always.