Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Cosmic Ray

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Unfortunately HR is not the problem. I have mine turned off and the battery drain is 1.8 - 1.9 greater under otherwise identical circumstances.
Asteroid

Same with everyone else, the battery drain is terrible. Usually it would only use about 3%-5% in "Don't disturb" mode from 11pm to 6am. Now it's more than 10%. Frankly speaking, my usual usage for 24 hours will be around 15%-20% but now it's around 40%-50%.
Constellation

Anyone try turning off Auto HR? Cant do it in Tizen 3. Could be the problem causing high battery usage.

Constellation

Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Here's the strange part about this for me. I was getting great battery life out of this watch until last night. I went to bed with it on so it could track my sleep with the battery at 80%. Yeah, 80%, after a whole day of use. When I woke up, it had turned off because the battery was dead. I put it on the charger and got it to 89% before I had to leave for the day. This was about 1:30. I put it into batery saving at about 10:00 with 7% left and it died at 11:30. As far as I can tell, no update was done unless it did it overnight with no notification. (not likely) What the heck to my watch?! This makes no sense at all.
Constellation

I'd say 40-50% for 24 hours is pretty **bleep** good compared to some of us. I couldn't get mine to get through a half a day at 89%. I wish I had your battery life.
Constellation

Before the update, my battery would last at least 2 days, based off my settings.  After the update, it would be dead in less than 8 hours.

It wasn't until I accidentally disconnected the watch from my phone (S8+) and reconnected when I saw a battery improvement, but still was only slightly over 1 day under the same settings.  I've reset the watch to it's factory defaults, but with no noticeable improvements.

I've seen some oddities with the battery section of the gear app, and I'm curious what the app usage percentages actually represent.  The sum of the apps usage percentages don't seem to align with the percent of battery remaining, or anything really, even when I look at them from a fresh 100% charge.

Hopefully they address something soon.  I haven't had any complaints with the watch, until now,  for the ~8 months I've had it.

Cosmic Ray

There is so much consistency in the reports about battery drain under Tizen 3.0 that Samsung must be either in denial or incapable of fixing the problem. This may have serious consequences upon the integritiy/reliability/longevity of the device itself and hence a potential legal liability. Time will tell!
Asteroid

I was getting only slightly less battery life on Tizen 3 vs. Tizen 2 but saw reports that a factory reset could help the issue. So I factory reset the watch and now battery life is WAY worse. Before I could go at least 3 days on a charge and now I'm lucky to get through 1.

I did notice that when I was on Tizen 2 the watch and battery were both good. But on Tizen 2 and updated to 3 without a reset, the battery life was good, but the watch ran very slow. Sometimes opening Samsung Pay would take 10 seconds. After doing a factory reset with Tizen 3, the watch is much smoother, just battery life sucks.

Astronaut

From the other side of the pond: battery drain is about 50% per day without AOD.

Reseting to factory defaults, removing Facer watch faces, not installing one application ... nothing changes the behavior.

From 2 days straight to charging everyday. Tizen 3.0 really messed up my Gear.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

the same with mine on - I'm in UK - up to Saturday battery life was great however now I do not know what happens - I have 100% charged at 7am and after 5hrs I have swithced it to safe mode with 15%. After another 30 minutes battery drops to 3%. Turned off Samsung Health HR monitoring, Weather location services . I've rebooted the watch too but does not help. 

UPDATE - I have turned off the HR and rebooted watch and from tgat point 1,5h ago battery drops down only 2%. Still the higher drain is from Samsung Health app.