Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

[ Edited ]

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Constellation

Samsung is rolling out a fix for the battery drain problem! Read this article for details ...

https://www.sammobile.com/news/gear-s3-update-in-canada-address-battery-life-issue/

Constellation

Nice.. hope it works.

I did reset my watch twice.. and it did cure it for me.

1st was in the menu.. 

2nd was holding the power and recover reset it.

2nd reset made the watch back as it should be.

Asteroid

Guys

I just checked and the Battery upgrade firmware is ready for installation. Just upgraded my device. 

Reporting from San Diego, CA.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Cilke_SanDiego,

Please update us on the status of the battery drain issue after installing this latest patch. I would like to know if it fixed the problem please.

Constellation

Let me assure you that there are many of us who have been negatively impacted. Just becauser you have not doesn't mean it is not real. It has made my watch unusable - I used to get at least two days -- today I have gone from 100% to less than 20% in about 6 hours.

Constellation

The new battery update may address your issue. Honestly, even after the the original 3.0 update, I didn't notice a drastic dip in battery performance. But I had some UI lag issues which bothered me.

I got the recent battery update (R760XXU2CQL1) on Monday and began using it Tuesday. After a full charge and full day of use (typical notifications and a few calls), my battery was at 76% before I put it on the charger again at night. I've also noticed the UI lag is gone and the software runs incredibly smooth. Hope the new update helps your situation.
Constellation

I just purchased my wi-fi frontier several days ago and immediately updated to 3.0. I was seeing about 5-6% battery usage per hour for the last two days with HR off, AOD off and NFC on. Today I decided to also turn off NFC and now see battery usage at about 1-1.5% per hour.