Gear S3 Reactivation lock

Constellation

Gear S3 Reactivation lock

After an update my gear has been locked. I bought the gear from another country and it was brand new. I even activated the reactivation lock myself to my Samsung account. I am using the same account now to sign in to unlock the gear but it says "VALIDATION NOT COMPLETE" on my phone whenever I hit sign in. Any fix?

7 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear S3 Reactivation lock

Sorry to hear that you are encountering this. Let's see what we can do to get around this.

Would you mind testing your Samsung Account? The best way to do this will be to attempt to login on this page, if you are able to login on that page you can authenticate your account.

If you have verified that you can login with those credentials, have you verified that this is the account that you used to enable the reactivation lock?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

same issue

can not be fixed

Samsung Moderator

That's pretty interesting, would you mind providing with some more detail about your specific device?

• Model Number
  • Software version
  • Carrier (if you have one)

You can find this info in Settings > Gear Info.

Did you notice this after an update as well?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator

Hey, thanks for reaching out. If you are still encountering this difficulty, please let us know and we'll be happy to help!

I really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch, if you need anything else, just let us know and our community will be happy to help. 😄

Constellation

R765T

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

Thanks for that information! Do you know when the last time your device got an update?

Samsung Moderator

Hey, I hope you are doing well, I just wanted to drop by and see if you could let me know when the last time you had an update was, I'd like to get a good idea as to exactly when this lock started so that we can look into this further.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!