Gear S3 button stopped working

SOLVED
Highlighted
Constellation

Gear S3 button stopped working

Hello. I have a Gear S3 Frontier (Just one month) and The power/home button is not working. It works when it wants to. I have tried resetting but to no good. I also tried to restart but I almost couldnt turn it back on. I'm really disappointed. 

Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alessandro
‎06-28-2017 02:09 AM

Re: Gear S3 button stopped working

Hey @Alessandro

Sounds like an evaluation and repair/exchange might be in order. In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

48 REPLIES
Honored Contributor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alessandro
‎06-28-2017 02:09 AM

Hey @Alessandro

Sounds like an evaluation and repair/exchange might be in order. In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

Same issue - how did your fix go?

Constellation

how did you solve it?

Constellation

09/04/2017, my GS3 Frontier Lte power/home button failed as well; unknown reasons it just stopped working. I contacted tMobile and it was replaced under warranty (12-month warranty). I paid 20 dollars service fee and a new watch is shipping to a nearby store to swap out the defective watch for a new one. 

Astronaut

I found my button not depressing, and there was some crud wedged between the button head and the watch body (S3 Classic).

Cleanded it out and working perfect once again

Constellation

Press power button for 10 second until watch reboot.

Astronaut

I tried this and they claimed water damage when the watch had never been wet. These watches are POS

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Holding the power button down for about 10 seconds and rebooting the watch worked for me 

Astronaut

i know it sounds stupid but turning it off and on again worked for me